The VentureFizz Podcast: Andy Cook - Co-Founder and CEO of Tettra
This could be my most transparent interview ever. When you ask most startup founders how things are going, the majority are likely going to say, “We are crushing it.” However, building a company is really hard, and growing a successful startup is rarely, if ever, a straight line.
Andy recently published a series of blog posts where he shares the intimate details on the ups and downs of building a startup, so I was really excited to chat with him about the really deep and gritty details that go into building a startup, including the depths of nearly failing, to plowing through and coming out the other end to a profitable path for Tettra.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Andy’s background, and how he started a rental marketplace called Rentabilities with his brother, and how they were able to convince Dharmesh Shah from HubSpot to write the first angel check.
- The aha moment behind Tettra and the current state & scale of the company.
- A ton of details on the ups and downs he’s experienced building a company from the ground up, including lots of info on fundraising, finding the right sales model, & how they got to profitability.
- The importance of staying transparent when running your business especially with employees.
- Tips for communicating with investors.
- Plus, a lot more.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!