After 11 years in the Israeli Air Force, it was multiple near-death experiences that prompted Shimon’s passion for the weather.
This passion ultimately led him and his co-founders to start ClimaCell, a company that has the very ambitious mission to map all of the weather data in the world. They are combining hyper-sensing technologies that use high-performance computing, which allows them to provide weather forecasts that are much more accurate. Examples of their customer are major companies like JetBlue, Delta, and Autodesk.
The company recently raised $45M in Series B funding, and their total funding to date is now $65M.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Shimon’s experience in the Israeli Air Force and what it taught him about leadership.
- The evolution and details behind the weather forecasting industry.
- ClimaCell’s business and how they are working on building the world’s largest weather platform.
- Advice for entrepreneurs on raising funding in the early days of a business in a unique market.
- How he evaluates talent, and why founders should never compromise on the quality of people hired at their company.
- Plus, a lot more.
ClimaCell is hiring! Click here for all of their job openings.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!