The VentureFizz Podcast: Nilanjana Bhowmik - Co-Founder and General Partner at Converge
Nilanjana has 23 years of experience as a venture capitalist, investment banker, and an operating executive. Prior to starting Converge, Nilanjana was a General Partner at Longworth Venture Partners where she led the firm’s investments in enterprise tech.
In addition to her current role as a venture capitalist, she is also the President of TiE-Boston, an organization that fosters the entrepreneurial scene in the Greater Boston area.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Her passion for distance running and how it related to her role as an investor, where helping entrepreneurs build a business is ultimately a marathon and not a sprint.
- Her background growing up in India, plus how she came to the US where she ultimately played a key role in helping Object Design, a company that launched the first object-oriented database, grow to the point of going public.
- The “breakthrough potential” she looks for when making an investment.
- What led her to take on the role of President at TiE-Boston.
- The potential “50-plus year” industry trend that she’s currently keeping her eye on.
- Plus, a lot more!
To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!