The VentureFizz Podcast: Ben Nye - CEO at Turbonomic
Ben has been successful in the tech industry from both sides of the equation. As an executive, he helped take Precise Software public, which was later acquired by VERITAS Software.
As an investor at Bain Capital Ventures, he’s been recognized multiple times by Forbes’ Midas List as one of the top VC investors in the US. His investments have included many companies that you’ve likely heard of like LinkedIn, Rapid7, DocuSign, Solarwinds, Stackdriver, and many others.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Ben’s background, from the early days when he started out as a salmon fishing guide to how he got into the tech industry.
- His experience as one of the top VC’s in the country building out the Infrastructure Software Practice at Bain Capital.
- All the details in terms of the evolution of Turbonomic and their platform that delivers workload automation for hybrid cloud environments.
- His thoughts on sales and figuring out which model is right for your company.
- Why references are the most important part of the interview process.
- Plus, a lot more!
Turbonomic is hiring! They are especially looking for developers who have experience building software that runs in public cloud. To learn more about all their openings, check out their BIZZpage at venturefizz.com/turbonomic.
To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!