The 2017 NEVY Awards Recap: Winners & Pictures
The New England Venture Capital Association pulled out all the stops for the 5th installment of the NEVY awards. Not only is it a great opportunity to recognize the many accomplishments across the Tech & Life Science industries, but it is also a good excuse to gather as a community.
The Mardi Gras theme did not disappoint, as people dressed in masks, beads, and hats. There were various professional performers in terms of acrobats and jugglers. Plus, lots of great food, drinks (open bar), and of course... lots of networking.
And yes... they did hand out awards too. Here's a list of the winners across all industries. Below is a slideshow with some photos highlighting the night and winners.
- Rising Star VC - Juan Luis Leung-Li, General Catalyst
- Hottest Early Stage Startup - nuTonomy
- Next Pillar Tech Company - Turbonomic
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - Sense
- Angel of the Year - Joe Caruso
- Fund of the Year - Highland Capital
- Entrepreneur of the Year - Ric Fulop, Desktop Metal
- Rising Star Entrepreneur - Liz Powers, ArtLifting
Healthcare & Life Science
- Rising Star VC - Michael Gladstone, Atlas Venture
- Hottest Early Stage Startup: Therapeutics - Magenta Therapeutics
- Hottest Early Stage Startup: Tools & Tech - 3derm
- Deal of the Year - Jounce
- Exit of the Year - Nimbus Apollo
- Digital Health Company of the Year - Rest Devices
- Fund of the Year - Third Rock Ventures
- Entrepreneur of the Year - Kurt Graves, Intarcia
Kudos to the NEVCA for another memorable and fun event!