I have always been fascinated by how video games are created, especially the complexity of today’s games and storylines. So, I couldn't wait to talk with Jon about this topic since his last company created games for major franchises like Game of Thrones and Star Trek.
Jon is a serial entrepreneur going back to the very young age of 13 years old when he monetized his first game. He went on to start a very successful content management software company called Eprise which went public.
After selling Disruptor Beam to Tilting Point, he is now focused on his latest startup called Beamable. The company enables game makers to easily add social, commerce and content management features to their games with drag-and-drop prefabs.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- The story of how he monetized his first game, Space Empire Elite.
- A journey through Jon’s entrepreneurial background and the companies he founded.
- Disruptor Beam and how they were able to land such iconic titles.
- How Beamable came to fruition and all the details on the company and its technology.
- What the future of the video game industry may look like.
- Advice for starting a career in the gaming industry.
- And so much more.