Serial entrepreneur, inventor, angel investor, film producer, commencement address speaker, world traveler…
These are just some of the words that describe Wayne and it all started at a young age when he discovered the world of technology. It was this world that would lead him down the path to building a very successful future.
Wayne has a history of recognizing technology trends before they hit mainstream like peer-to-peer file sharing (yes, he was involved in companies like Napster and Dropbox, plus his own company i2hub) and developer tools with Crashlytics that was acquired by Twitter and is now owned by Google.
His latest company is Digits which is crafting the real-time finance engine for modern businesses. It is also the latest company he has started with his Co-Founder, Jeff Seibert and the two of them have an amazing track record building companies together.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- What makes the foundation of a great co-founding duo.
- Wayne's background story and a walk down memory lane with various companies and his involvement in a ground breaking shift in the tech industry.
- All the details on Crashlytics and the underserved market they were focused on and its rapid adoption by developers.
- Why Jeff and Wayne are tackling the world of financial apps and a glimpse into the company’s future.
- His experience as a film producer and winning an Emmy for the documentary, Chasing Coral.
- Why a recruiter should be one of the first hires at a company.
- And so much more.