Let’s face it, jobs in venture capital are very scarce, yet they are highly desirable. There are different roles that make a VC operate and the path into one of these positions isn’t very clear.
Stephanie and her colleague Isabelle Phelps, recently published a blog series which helps to bring transparency to the topic of landing a job in venture capital.
My conversation with Stephanie is focused on this exact topic, where she shares so much useful information and advice. So, if you are interested in pursuing a role in venture capital, hopefully this discussion will help put you on a path to achieve your goal.
Here is a list of the topics we will cover:
- Stephanie’s background and her journey into the venture capital industry.
- How she got involved with Lerer Hippeau, and how her role has evolved.
- The different types of roles between the investment and platform teams.
- How the path into venture capital has changed.
- Advice on how to get your foot in the door and what the interview process may look like.
- Details on how the compensation piece of the equation may be structured.
- Plus, a lot more.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!