Payal is a Partner at .406 Ventures. She joined the firm almost 6 years ago and co-leads the digital health practice. Karthyn joined .406 Ventures this year as a Vice President and she is also aligned with the digital health sector. Needless to say, the healthcare industry has gone through radical transformation due to the pandemic and a lot of the technologies that support the industry have been accelerated, so we had a lot to talk about in this space.
Named after the legendary baseball player, Ted Williams, .406 Ventures is an early stage venture capital firm that has raised over $1B across four core funds and two opportunity funds. The firm invests in innovative IT and services companies in data & cloud, digital health, and cybersecurity.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Payal and Kathryn’s background and how they ended up breaking into the VC industry.
- All the details on .406 Ventures including their investment area of focus, stage of investing, and portfolio examples.
- A look into the trends across the digital health industry.
- Thoughts on helping to improve the diversity numbers in the VC industry and career advice on how to land a job as a Venture Capitalist.
- What makes the position as a VC so difficult.
- And so much more.