There is so much disruption happening in the healthcare industry, it is truly an exciting time. Just last week, we published our interview with Sean Duffy, Co-Founder & CEO of Omada Health, which is helping people who are dealing with chronic conditions achieve long term improvements and if you go into the archives of The VentureFizz Podcast, you’ll find lots of other discussions with healthcare entrepreneurs.
One particular sector that I’m really excited about is the area of personalization in the healthcare industry. We are all unique, so shouldn’t the way you treat your body in terms of diet, exercise medicine, etc., etc. - all be specific to what your body needs versus what works for a sampling of people?
As you’ll hear, Lola had her own personal health situation which led her down the path to start Base. The company has built a new way to track your health and improve on critical items like diet, sleep, stress, fatigue, and more with affordable at-home lab testing. Our blood is the gateway and Base is unlocking the data to help you figure out the root causes to your health issues, make improvements, and continue to monitor & measure your health along the way.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Lola’s background story including her experience at Amazon, Instagram, and a healthcare startup.
- All the details about Base in terms of how it works and what you can expect as a consumer.
- How they figured out their go-to-market strategy and growth plans ahead.
- Advice for consumers on evaluating healthcare startups and ways to determine which ones you can trust.
- Advice for female founders on raising capital.
- And so much more.