One might say that Lily was destined to be a venture capitalist. She started out angel investing when she was just 23 years old. Then, the role became a bit more formal when she joined the investment committee at Yard Ventures, Harvard’s alumni angel group.
As a Partner at Underscore, she is focused on making seed and Series A investments in Boston startups. The firm is focused on building a community driven model through its various initiatives like Underscore Core, a community of several hundred proven entrepreneurs, business builders, and domain experts that portfolio companies get to leverage to help drive their own success.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- The current entrepreneurial vibe at Harvard and HBS.
- Lily’s experience after Harvard at Endeavor where she spent two years working with entrepreneurs in Chile.
- Her position at Facebook where she was part of a global growth & connectivity team that brought on 100M new users in 3 years.
- All of the details on Underscore including the firm's model and what makes the firm so unique.
- A discussion around why it might be a good idea for Boston companies to brag about success.
- And so much more.