A perfect way to describe Gary is the word fearlessness and it is actually one of the core values at Unqork. He was a sponsored skateboarder as a child which taught him that it was ok to hit the ramp as hard you can, because at that point there is no turning back and failure is ok. You might get some bumps and bruises, but you can try again. This mentality has definitely carried over into his professional world as an entrepreneur.
Unqork is the only no-code application platform built for the enterprise. The company recently announced an $80M Series B round of funding led by CapitalG and this was after raising their Series A round of funding back in April of this year, as well.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Gary’s career in terms of working his way through the professional ranks in the financial services industry to eventually lead a global organization as MetLife’s Co-CIO.
- As a holder of eight patents, how he was able to inspire innovation in larger companies.
- Why 93% of all projects fail and how that led Gary down the path of starting Unqork.
- All the details on Unqork in terms of their technology and the value that it is driving within the enterprise.
- How negative feedback from investors turned out to be a positive motivator.
- Advice for corporate executives on taking the entrepreneurial leap.
- And more!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? It is loaded with lots and lots of great content from our interviews with founders, executives, and investors. You will find lots of advice shared from these podcast interviews, plus our popular Inside and CxO briefing series. Go to youtube.com/venturefizz to check it out.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or SoundCloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!