A question that I ask every guest at the end of every interview is - “What do you like to do for fun outside of work?” Oftentimes, I get common answers like - hiking, traveling, etc.
But, Elizabeth’s answer has by far been the best one yet and it is proof that she is not only a great entrepreneur but also a maker at heart.
Elizabeth is building with her husband & Co-Founder, Kevin, and their kids, a two seater RV-12 airplane. They previously built a car together when the kids were 6 & 8 years old, so this is their next challenge. So cool!
AppMap is a leading developer of code visualization and runtime code review analysis technology. Its platform is redefining how developers improve their software and has become one of the fastest-growing tools for software visualization and runtime analysis. The company has raised $10 million in funding.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- A deep conversation around community building and the importance of authenticity.
- Elizabeth’s background story and how she learned entrepreneurship from her parents.
- Getting her career started in public health research and epidemiology after receiving her PhD.
- The background story of Conjur, which was bootstrapped initially and raised a minimal amount of capital and had a successful exit to CyberArk.
- Preferred versus common stock and how that affects the payout post-acquisition.
- All the details about AppMap and how they built traction and got developers to engage with their product.
- How Elizabeth is supporting women entrepreneurs and the role that Andy Palmer is playing, as well.
- And so much more.