Healthcare is the biggest labor sector in the country and the demand for healthcare workers continues to grow as the population is aging. The challenge is that the number of healthcare workers has certainly not kept up with demand, as we are on track to be short 1 million nurses by the end of next year.
Any solid entrepreneur would hear that number and think of one word and that is opportunity. However, when you combine two industries that can be very difficult to transform that being healthcare and staffing, well most entrepreneurs are going to run the other way.
This was not the case for Iman and her co-founder, Rome Portlock, as they both come from families with lots of roots in the industry and how they have built their own careers with domain experience in healthcare, it makes them uniquely qualifies to flip this industry on its head and scale a massive company.
Incredible Health’s mission is to help healthcare professionals live better lives and find and do their best work. The company is backed by leading VC firms and was recognized by Forbes as a “Next Billion-Dollar Startup” company.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Advice on perfecting your company’s story & pitch deck when raising capital.
- Iman’s background including how her experience in medical school and management consulting helped build out the initial foundation for her career.
- Why she decided to join the tech industry as a Product Manager out of business school at Wharton and her path into entrepreneurship.
- All the details about Incredible Health from how the idea come to fruition to how the company differentiates itself through the use of technology and other key benefits to solve this staffing crisis.
- The value and importance of focus and the emphasis on delivering user delight.
- Advice for entrepreneurs who are building companies in the healthcare industry.
- And so much more.