David is a serial entrepreneur, and as you’ll hear from this episode, his latest company definitely struck a chord with me. My wife and I previously owned an awesome condo in South Boston about 13 years ago. Needless to say, if we were able to hold on to that property and rent it out without all the hassle of being a landlord, it would have been such an amazing investment. Knox makes this situation a reality and we get in lots of details on how the company operates.
Back when he was at Tufts, David always knew that he wanted to start a company. His first company was Boston Logic, an integrated marketing platform for the real estate industry that was acquired by a private equity firm.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- David’s background and how he initially got a taste of startups.
- The story of Boston Logic, including the evolution of their product and how they mostly bootstrapped the company and scaled it to an acquisition.
- A deep dive into the process of hiring and working with an investment banking firm.
- All the details on Knox Financial and how they are helping people turn their homes into investment properties.
- Advice for entrepreneurs trying to build an advisory board.
- And so much more.
Did you know that you can get customized job alerts delivered to your inbox every day? It’s a great way to keep informed of the over 4,000 jobs listed on VentureFizz and have jobs from a specific category sent directly to you. Don’t let that career-defining opportunity pass you by, go to venturefizz.com/email to sign up.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!