This is a first! It’s the first time I’ve had the opportunity to interview both a founder and an investor in the same episode. I wasn’t sure how it would go, but after conducting the interview, I think this might be an interesting format to consider moving forward.
We obviously discussed all the details about Vecna Robotics, the autonomous mobile robot and workflow orchestration company, but it was really interesting to learn the story behind the investment. It was like a live version of those common “why we invested” blog posts the VC often write to detail their thought process behind their investment.
As you’ll hear, the background story of each person and how they got to where they are today really sets the stage for why I love doing this podcast. It would be hard to find other individuals who have more expertise in their respective fields and why this is a perfect match to hopefully build a massive company.
In this episode of our podcast, we also cover:
- What the future holds for mobile robots and autonomous vehicles.
- The founding story of Vecna and why they spun out Vecna Robotics.
- Use cases and why the market is ready for the solutions provided by Vecna Robotics, plus the company’s growth plans ahead.
- The details on Blackhorn Ventures and what Trevor is targeting for investments.
- Common pitch mistakes entrepreneurs make while raising funding for robotics companies.
- And so much more.