2016 was a pivotal moment for VentureFizz and it was Greenhouse that helped us get to where we are today. We saw lots of companies adopting its ATS to help out with their recruiting initiatives and it was their open APIs which allowed us to scale our job board by pulling in jobs automatically through a feed. It was game changing for us. Historically, companies had to manually add their jobs to our site which was easy but let’s face it, incredibly inefficient and time consuming.
Needless to say, I was excited to speak to Daniel and learn more about the history of the company. Yes, I’m always fascinated by the entrepreneurial journey, but this one was unique based on its impact the company had on our business. I actually looked at some stats and over 40% of our customers are users of Greenhouse.
Daniel is a serial entrepreneur and now an author, as he and his co-founder, Jon Stross, wrote a book that was recently published called TALENT MAKERS. It’s a step by step guide for implementing a structured hiring process and it captures their experiences at working with more than 4,000 companies.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- The details and what you can expect from reading TALENT MAKERS.
- His journey into entrepreneurship and how Lab49 opened his eyes to the world of talent acquisition and how challenging it is yet if you do it right, it’s a competitive advantage.
- What led him and Jon down the path of starting Greenhouse and the full story of how it built a market leading product and scaled.
- The future ahead for the company including its recently reported $500M investment to further their mission of helping every company become great at hiring.
- Advice on how companies can build a more diverse pipeline of candidates.
- And so much more.