When you think of the greatest athletes, like Serena Williams or Tom Brady, you are in awe of their success and the number of championships that they have won. In the business world, success is often measured by an exit - either an acquisition or an IPO and one could also argue that the IPO is many times the harder hill to climb.
Well… when you look at Carol’s track record, it is extraordinary. She has been part of 4 companies (yes 4) that have all gone public: Shiva Corporation, Unica, LogMeIn, and Rapid7.
In addition to her success as an executive, Carol has also made a major impact as a member of the Board of Directors at several startups and as an advisor to many entrepreneurs. And, on top of all of this… Carol recently joined Glasswing Ventures as a Venture Partner.
Needless to say, we had a lot to talk about - not only about all the stories from her professional career, but it was an exciting opportunity to do a deep dive into the world of marketing.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Advice on how to build your personal brand.
- Carol’s background growing up and how she pivoted her career from finance to sales to marketing.
- Her professional journey including lots of great stories from scaling companies.
- How marketing has evolved through the years and her thoughts on the current state of B2B marketing.
- Lots of great advice on how to hire marketers and how to shape your own career path to a CMO position.
- And so much more.