There is a tremendous amount of information that has been written about the process of raising funding for startups, but for some reason, you don’t see nearly as much information about the acquisition process. What are the good, the bad, or the ugly experiences? How does one get on the radar for a potential acquirer? What are the common pitfalls, etc., etc.?
It seems like there are so many things that can go wrong, so it’s a common question that I ask entrepreneurs for this podcast. Based on Brian’s track record, it was a perfect opportunity to get some solid advice for entrepreneurs to follow, as he’s been through multiple acquisitions via companies like Google and Facebook.
Brian’s latest startup is focused on data privacy for digital marketing, as Sourcepoint provides tools to protect consumer privacy, manage compliance and optimize revenue.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Brian’s background story and how he got his career started in the tech industry in customer service.
- His experience in leadership roles in the tech industry at DoubleClick, Admeld, and LiveRail.
- The story behind Sourcepoint with his Co-Founder, Ben Barokas, and how their vision of transparency around usage of data became a reality.
- The current stage of Sourcepoint and growth plans ahead.
- Advice around hiring for startups and how to think about the recruiting process.
- And so much more.