By the time Amy started Compt, she was well-versed in the world of startups. As a COO or CFO for multiple venture-backed companies, where many had exited, she knew the playbook around raising funding, negotiating an acquisition, and running the operations of a startup. This experience all led her down the path to where she is today as a Co-Founder & CEO.
The idea behind Compt came from a real-world problem that Amy was experiencing. Companies give a standard list of benefits, but not all employees are able to leverage them. So, Compt’s is changing this with their platform that allows employers to develop and manage lifestyle spending accounts so employees can get the perks they want and need the most.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- Amy’s background as a northern California native and how she ended up on the east coast.
- A walk through her career and how Amy methodically prepared herself to run a company.
- All the details about Compt and the company’s mission to empower employees to choose their own benefits.
- How you need to think about the valuation of your company when raising funding and why you shouldn’t always swing for the fences with the highest number.
- Advice on how to negotiate the sale of your company.
- When a company should think about hiring a CFO.
- And so much more.
Did you know that every Monday at 9:15 & 10 am, we send out two weekly digest emails? There is one for Boston and one for NY. It is your weekly email to stay connected to all the “must-know” information from the local tech scene. It includes information on companies, jobs, events, deals and more. Go to venturefizz.com/email and look for the “Weekly Tech Buzz” to sign up.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!