Technology Analyst, Venture Capitalist, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur, Movie Producer… these are just some of the roles that Todd has held throughout his career.
His track record as a VC is very impressive, but could his latest initiative be his most successful yet? Todd and his Co-Founder, Jeff Morin, are jumping into the home connected fitness ring with Liteboxer.
The company recently announced a $20M Series A round of funding for its full body boxing experience which includes breakthrough technology to give you a challenging and engaging workout.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Todd’s thoughts on the market for tech investing and skyrocketing valuations.
- His background growing up, plus the early foundational years for his career and how he got into the VC industry.
- His time at Battery Ventures, including the story of his early investment in Akamai.
- What led him down the path to start Spark Capital and what he looks for when making investments.
- All the details on Liteboxer - from the initial inspiration, to building the product, plus some of the details on how they are planning on competing in the home fitness category.
- Advice for founders on hiring and recruiting for their management team.
- And so much more.