Many successful entrepreneurs disrupt industries with innovative ideas, but how many can say their disruption actually helped create and jumpstart a whole industry that is massive.
Chris has been involved in the cybersecurity industry since the beginning as a member of the elite hacker think tank in the 90’s called the L0pht, which went on to testify before the U.S. Senate about cybersecurity and vulnerabilities of the internet.
20 years later, the cybersecurity industry is only growing by the day with new threats popping up and new technologies being developed to help companies and consumers play defense.
Veracode is one of the anchor companies and Chris is one of its co-founders. Veracode is the largest global provider of application security testing (AST) solutions serving more than 2,500 customers worldwide across a wide range of industries.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- The story of the L0pht, which has the makings for a great Netflix show as it reminds me of the series Halt and Catch Fire.
- @Stake’s acquisition of the L0pht and the early days of the cybersecurity industry.
- The full story of Veracode in terms of starting the company, scaling to an acquisition, and spinning back out as an independent company.
- Advice for technical founders on starting a company.
- Lessons learned on scaling.
- And so much more.