In the fourth episode of our Career Inspiration podcast, we are really excited to have Jen Paxton - Director of Talent at LevelUp - join us!
Six months ago, LevelUp announced a new $50M round of funding for its rapidly growing mobile payments/loyalty rewards platform.
Paxton has an interesting background; while she has worked at really early stage companies like Logentries & TrueMotion, she has also led talent acquisition at more aggressively-scaling companies. Since joining LevelUp back in May, the company has added another 50 people, and now has over 200 employees.
In this episode we discuss:
- Paxton's background
- When entrepreneurs should bring in an internal recruiter
- How to qualify an external recruiting firm
- How to build out the talent pipeline (and a company's employment brand) from scratch
- Ways to keep the bar high as a company scales
- How to prepare for an interview with LevelUp, and how to land a job there
- ...and lots more!
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing a 5-star review - it will definitely help us get the word out there!