Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia Search provides relevant answers to millions of people who are searching for content on some of the world’s most prominent web sites. We are looking for a practical, collaborative, and self-aware individual to strengthen the development team who is modernizing the Acquia Search platform from the ground-up using the latest tools and techniques in order to meet the growing demands of our customers. Acquia is a high-growth company, so this position isn't for the faint of heart. However, if you enjoy the thrill of riding the rapids and love the sense of accomplishment after having navigated tricky obstacles, then Acquia will be a continually rewarding experience for you.
- building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product Owner
- collaboratively defining the product architecture with other members of the team
- operating and maintaining the product in accordance with its SLOs
- participating in all Scrum ceremonies and driving towards their intended outcomes
- understanding and internalizing our customers' perspectives
- providing product support to internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration and public cloud providers
- 2+ years real-word experience working with distributed systems
- Experience building and operating RESTful web services
- Strong modern scripting language experience
- Working knowledge of NodeJS and Go (or the ability and desire to learn)
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services
- Expertise debugging Java applications
- Trained in Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Voracious learner who is able to quickly acquire knowledge and apply it
- Biased towards practical solutions and resistant to building ivory towers
- A relationship builder who favors individuals and interaction over processes and tools
- Cool-headed and analytical under pressure
- A practitioner of aggressive Scrum who iteratively marches towards high level milestones
- Empathetic and looks for bad systems as opposed to bad people
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.