Teikametrics Company Overview
We’re transforming how sellers grow their businesses
Teikametrics is an ecommerce optimization platform for retailers on Amazon and other marketplaces that captures billions of dollars of third-party retailer transactions. Founded in 2012 and based in Boston, its team of retail experts uses a proprietary software suite to dynamically optimize pricing, operations, inventory performance and more for sellers of all sizes. Using data, customers such as The Vitamin Shoppe, Newbury Comics and City Sports gain a competitive advantage and view of trends and optimization strategies to tackle the dynamic nature of today’s ecommerce markets.
Jobs at Teikametrics
We are looking for an experienced SaaS Sales leader. Someone that has managed the SaaS Sales & Marketing funnel and that has led a sales team through exponential growth; scaling from hundreds of customers to thousands.
You will be responsible for building and managing a BDR and Account Executive sales team, forecasting MQLs, SQLs and leading the team in exceeding revenue and customer count targets each month.
- You will be responsible for managing the SaaS Sales funnel. Working in concert with the marketing team and leadership in order to exceed monthly sales quotas
- Manage, lead, mentor and train a team of sales reps
- Build skills, confidence and trust with direct reports as well as coach to provide developmental feedback for continuous improvement
- Improve, test, iterate, maintain and execute sales processes
- Participate in hiring and interviewing process, as well as training and ramp-up of new team members
- Build a platform to educate sales reps on the values of Teikametrics products, services, and its customer personas
- Develop and maintain monthly and quarterly team forecasts
Skills and Experience
- Data-driven, extremely analytical with excellent critical thinking skills
- >5 years of SaaS sales experience
- >3 years people management
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, along with excellent Excel and presentation skills
- Superior coaching skills - ability to observe, evaluate and use various techniques to improve results
- Incredible start-up work ethic and hunger to make an impact
- Deep experience with selling software e.g. Salesforce.com, Drift, and solid experience with marketing automation software
You are obsessed with the SaaS marketing funnel.
We are looking for someone that has been there and done it and is looking for a red hot market in order to put your skills to the test.
You have >3 years experience in a SaaS organization utilizing products optimized for customer acquisition and engagement. Metrics are baked into your DNA, and—now—you seek a leadership role at an industry changing company that incorporates and fully utilizes your marketing and product strengths.
Skills and Experience
• 3+ years of high-tech marketing and product experience, a portion of which was spent scaling hyper-growth, early-stage companies (B2B or B2B2C)
• Former or current responsibility for leading growth at a Boston based SaaS company
• Deep experience with Hubspot/Marketo, Google Analytics, Intercom, Heap, Segment, Optimizely, MySQL, Excel, R, Tableau, and other analytics tools to evaluate data around user behavior, conversion rates, and funnel analysis to optimize for the very best CPL
• Strong capacity to utilize A/B tests, viral loops, landing pages, and email delivery to inform and propel growth
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of a wide spectrum of acquisition channels like Email, SEO, SEM, Affiliates, Sponsorships, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google Adwords, to access customers
• A track record of building and optimizing customer engagement programs in a fast-paced B2B or B2B2C organization
• Deeply understand our seller personas and execute marketing programs to acquire thousands of leads each month, while decreasing CPL
• Be "in the numbers", everyday. Be extremely comfortable discussing CPL, CTR, Impressions, MQLs, SQLs and conversion per channel e.g. Amazon Marketing Group, Facebook, Google, etc.
• Manage and recommend marketing investments based on the math
• You are responsible for delivering high quality MQLs every month. And will meet or exceed your quota every month
• Oversee and manage organic and paid advertising channels
• Manage online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness
• Excellent Excel and presentation skills
• HTML and CSS experience for design creative. Programming experience: SQL, product design, UX are a real plus
• Review new technologies and keep Teikametrics at the forefront of marketing developments
You are obsessed with using SaaS metrics and financial engineering to instrument and guide sustainable growth.
You will play an integral part of the management team at Teikametrics through financial modeling and forecasting, management reporting, financial analytics and metrics (both routine and ad-hoc) and process improvement initiatives.
You have more than 3 years of experience as a manager of Financial Planning & Analysis in a SaaS organization. You thrive in a hypergrowth environment and relish the opportunity to make an impact. You have exemplary communication and collaboration skills with a successful track record of making and implementing key business decisions based on the facts.
Skills and Experience
- > 3 years of FP&A experience in a SaaS organization.
- Experience solving complex business problems with the use of data.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and formulate action oriented conclusions.
- Experience forecasting Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements. Ability to re-calibrate forecasts in real-time given changing business dynamics.
- Budget forecasting and budget variance reviews
- Oversight of payroll, bonus and commissions along with
- Proven ability to collaborate across different teams, understanding and incorporating input while being comfortable pushing back on members of Sr. Mgmt.
- You’re a motivated, self-starter who is constantly seeking ways to improve existing processes.
- Support senior leadership team to report and review results, identify and explain variances versus forecast and budget, mitigate risks, and capitalize on opportunities.
- Construct and own full financial statement forecasts and reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop financial KPI dashboard
- Report to the Teikametrics leadership team: operating expense trends relative to budget, forecasted financial commitments and progress against business goals/KPIs.
- Drive engagement with business partners on effective budget and forecast management.
- Provide effective monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and analysis including explanation and support of variances of actual vs. plan.
- Identify opportunities to improve and automate current processes allowing the team to focus on transforming data into useful insights.
- Ensure effective utilization of systems, application of Excel models/tools, reporting and information sharing.
- Prepare and present financial overview with potential investors.
- Support broader organization through ad hoc projects and analysis
- Teammate must embody Teikametrics core value system: Ownership, craftsmanship, empathy, curiosity, and initiative.
We are looking for ambitious and energetic Business Development Representatives to help tell our story and help grow our customer base.
You are on the front lines of our company and will have the dedication to reach as many qualified potential customers through phone interviews and email communication.
We have a strong inbound content marketing strategy and your goal each day will be to connect with those potential clients that are interested in utilizing software to our team of experts to grow their e-commerce business. Your mission is to book as many qualified software demos as possible in any given day.
Have very strong analytical skills. Excel is second nature to you and you more than familiar with Salesforce (CRM) and ideally Hubspot and/or inbound marketing software.
Develop deep expertise in ecommerce including, Amazon, Amazon Seller Central, Shopify, Wal*Mart dot com, etc. and understand the personality of an e-commerce third party retailer.
Manage a large pipeline of opportunities that have been created in large part from our inbound marketing strategy and be willing to “cold call”, when necessary.
Truly love dialing for dollars. Destroy activity metrics for outbound calls, email engagement and be rewarded for setting up qualified software demonstrations.
Love thy customer. Demonstrate our values through email and phone, Skype, Go-To Meeting, and hand written notes. Yes, seriously.
A real people person – you truly love getting to know people and really want to understand how their business works.
Smart and continue to learn every day. You can quickly understand the FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) processes, describe a customer’s needs and articulate how Teikametrics can satisfy those needs.
Obsessed with metrics and analytics - understand where we are succeeding, where we need to improve, and why. Excel and SFDC will be critical elements to your success.
A fast learner - You understand the basics of the Amazon Marketplace, and are able to understand and explain our product within a matter of weeks.
Excited about process improvement - we want you to own the sales process and continue to evolve it.
Tenacious and resourceful - work smart and also willing to break through walls to get things done.
Founder & CEO
As the Founder and CEO, Alasdair is responsible for Teikametrics’ business strategy and technology platform.
In 2001, Alasdair founded an e-commerce company in his dorm-room which grew into a multi-million dollar company selling high-end sporting goods. The company became one of Amazon's first Third-Party Retailers in the sporting goods category in 2003.
He also founded the weight loss and fitness company Traineo and has built and provided e-commerce solutions to large organizations including Newscorp, The Times of London, L’Oreal, and The New York Marathon.
Alasdair earned a Bachelor of Arts in Economics at Harvard University where he was captain of the Track and Field Team and a member of the Great Britain and England national track teams.
Head of Global Seller Growth
As the Leader of Global Seller Growth, Andy is responsible for marketplace relationships, geographic expansion and community engagement.
Andy joined Teikametrics after spending 4 years as the US Country Director for Sonos. Prior to Sonos, Andy spent 12 years with Microsoft in Sales and Marketing roles, most recently leading the Consumer business across Australia and New Zealand. He is proud to be part of the team that launched Microsoft’s Xbox business, is a limited partner in two Boston based venture funds, Companyon and ConvergeVP and is most proud of volunteering as his son's basketball coach.
As Chief Technology Officer, Aatish is responsible for the Teikametrics’ technology platform and development.
Aatish joined Teikametrics after 3 years as V.P. of Engineering for Nanigans, a leading advertising automation platform. Prior to Nanigans, Aatish was co-founder of LoopIt, a venture backed startup that was acquired by Nanigans. Aatish has had over 15 years of experience as an entrepreneur. He has been a technology leader at companies using data to power automation in a wide variety of industries including gaming, automotive sales, travel search, retail search and online advertising.
Director of Product Design
As Director of Product Design, Will is responsible for leading overall user experience and branding.
Will joined Teikametrics after 4 years at IBM working for the Watson group and for clients including Google, American Express, Tiffany’s, and Unum. Will designed one of the first ever B-to-C implementations of Watson technology for GEICO in 2015.
Data Science Advisor
Stefan Hoderlein is one of the world's top minds in the area of Econometrics, from mathematical statistics to consumer demand analysis. He is a full professor of Econometrics at Boston College where he leads the Big Data initiative, with previous work experience at Harvard, Cal Tech and Brown. He obtained his PhD is from London School of Economics in 2002. Stefan is widely published in all the leading Econometrics journals, sits on several editorial boards and has been the Keynote at major conferences in his field. Stefan has extensive industry experience, and has previously served as an advisor to Amazon on topics related to pricing. At Teikametrics, Stefan is helping develop novel, cutting-edge optimization algorithms for pricing, advertising and inventory management.
Advisor - Thoughtbot
We believe in
Doing what’s right
The core of our business and culture is doing the right thing. This means more times than not taking the difficult route over the easy one.
Taking calculated risks
We’re always exploring new and novel ways to break out of the mold and create something truly unique and innovative.
Being humble in our strengths
No matter how talented and accomplished you are, no one knows everything. Being humble allows you to be open to learning.
Cherishing our differences
We are truly stronger in our diversity. Every gender, sexuality, religion, and culture brings a vital perspective to our business.
Character above all else
Great businesses are built on great people. We hire our team based on quality of character before skills and talent.
Being students for life
There’s always room for growth and learning. Every new situation has something to offer whether in business or in relationships.