Crayon Company Overview
Crayon is a market and competitive intelligence company that helps businesses track, analyze, and act on everything happening outside their four walls.
Tens of thousands of teams use Crayon’s software to capture and analyze complete market intelligence, pulling from hundreds of millions of sources and using artificial intelligence to surface and prioritize insights. We believe millions of businesses have yet to take advantage of the intelligence data available today to drive actionable insights and opportunities.
Want to see what's happening in your market? Get a free intel report on your competition.
Jobs at Crayon
John co-founded M80 Labs in 2012, and spent 2012-2014 building and launching two products: a social commerce app, and a mobile advertising app that has gotten more than 450,000 signups and first-year revenue of over $1 million.
Prior to M80 Labs, John held product leadership positions at high-growth tech companies in the mobile advertising space. John was one of the early employees at AdMob, which was acquired by Google for $750 million in 2009. At AdMob, John was one of three product managers shaping the evolution of the fast-growing platform. John also founded AppDog, a consumer product in the mobile advertising space, and scaled it to hundreds of thousands of users and annual revenue of over $1.4 million.
John started his career at Plumtree Software, where he was an engineer and then an engineering manager. During John’s 5+ years at Plumtree, the company grew from 30 employees to over 500, and IPO-ed on the NASDAQ.
John has a BA in Electrical Engineering from Stanford and an MBA from MIT Sloan.
Jonah co-founded M80 Labs in 2012, and spent 2012-2014 building and launching two products: a social commerce app, and a mobile advertising app that has gotten more than 450,000 signups and first-year revenue of over $1 million.
Prior to M80 Labs, Jonah was the VP of Customer Success on the management team at HubSpot, a leading marketing software company. Jonah joined HubSpot in 2007 as Employee #6, and helped scale the company over the next six years to over 8,000 customers and 400 employees. Jonah and his team built HubSpot's customer retention programs, Customer Happiness Index, Tech Support group, Professional Services offerings, and Account Management team.
Jonah started his career as a consultant in the Strategy & Operations group at Deloitte Consulting, where he served fortune 1000 companies in Healthcare and Manufacturing. Jonah has also lived and worked in China, where he focused on entrepreneurship and non-profits.
Jonah has a BA in Physics from Cornell, and an MBA from MIT Sloan.
VP Customer Success
Senior Vice President of Sales
Culture & Values
- We are product-driven and customer-driven. We care a lot about building a great product and we care a lot about creating massive value for customers.
- We hire people who are awesome at what they do, but want to improve every day. We love a good challenge, which is good because building a company isn’t easy.
- We thrive on new ideas and perspectives, and love to collaborate to solve problems.
- We have free snacks and beer, we have happy hours and events, but that’s not why we work here.
- We are passionately opposed to politics, bureaucracy, and bs. We make way for everyone to do their best work.
- We strive to solve problems with technology. We use software to fuel our growth, and engage humans to add value where they are most impactful.
- We try to surround ourselves with amazing people who are smarter than us - so that we can constantly learn and improve.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary: We pay at or above market.
- Equity: You're early to the party at Crayon and we want you to be a shareholder in the company.
- Medical & Dental Insurance: We have good health & dental plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA.
- 401k Plan: Every full-time employee is eligible to contribute to a 401k retirement savings plan.
- Unlimited Vacation: We don’t track vacation days… you take the time off when you need it, and we encourage you to take the time to recharge.
- Professional Development Budget: As many books and networking coffees you want, plus education budget for professional development.
- Top-Notch Equipment: Top of the line Macbook Pro, monitor, adjustable standing desk, and any other equipment you need.
- Convenient Location: Our office is centrally located in downtown Boston near South Station with access by T, bus, and commuter rail.
Welcome to Crayon! Our office is located in the Seaport at 268 Summer Street on the 4th and 5th Floor.
We have lots of lounge space to hang out in if employees want a change of scenery.
Located in an old mill building our office is an open concept floor plan but we have tons of conference rooms too.
Every employee is set up with a Macbook Pro laptop, monitor, and anything else they need to do their jobs.
Each of our conference rooms is named after a different Crayon color. Should we meet in Neon Carrot or Caribbean Green today?
We have a very competitive Ping Pong league at Crayon with everyone from BDRs to the CEO competing for the top spot.
Our co-founder and CEO, Jonah, gets in on a high stakes ping pong game.
Crayon has two kitchens and an entire snack room, complete with coffee bar to keep employees caffeinated through out the day.
For those who are cold brew fans, we also have cold brew on tap.
We do our work best when we work together. Our sales, marketing, and success team sit together in an open concept plan.
Our office has a number of soft seating areas for collaboarting or just getting comfortable.
GONG! We love to celebrate our success and get a lot of use out of our sales gong.
Our marketing team is always collaborating on new ways to engage and grow our customer base.
Our Analysts and Customer Success Managers work hard every day to deliver the best for our customers.