Crayon Company Overview
Crayon is a market and competitive intelligence company that helps businesses track, analyze, and act on everything happening outside their four walls.
Tens of thousands of teams use Crayon’s software to capture and analyze complete market intelligence, pulling from hundreds of millions of sources and using artificial intelligence to surface and prioritize insights. We believe millions of businesses have yet to take advantage of the intelligence data available today to drive actionable insights and opportunities.
Want to see what's happening in your market? Get a free intel report on your competition.
Jobs at Crayon
John co-founded M80 Labs in 2012, and spent 2012-2014 building and launching two products: a social commerce app, and a mobile advertising app that has gotten more than 450,000 signups and first-year revenue of over $1 million.
Prior to M80 Labs, John held product leadership positions at high-growth tech companies in the mobile advertising space. John was one of the early employees at AdMob, which was acquired by Google for $750 million in 2009. At AdMob, John was one of three product managers shaping the evolution of the fast-growing platform. John also founded AppDog, a consumer product in the mobile advertising space, and scaled it to hundreds of thousands of users and annual revenue of over $1.4 million.
John started his career at Plumtree Software, where he was an engineer and then an engineering manager. During John’s 5+ years at Plumtree, the company grew from 30 employees to over 500, and IPO-ed on the NASDAQ.
John has a BA in Electrical Engineering from Stanford and an MBA from MIT Sloan.
Jonah co-founded M80 Labs in 2012, and spent 2012-2014 building and launching two products: a social commerce app, and a mobile advertising app that has gotten more than 450,000 signups and first-year revenue of over $1 million.
Prior to M80 Labs, Jonah was the VP of Customer Success on the management team at HubSpot, a leading marketing software company. Jonah joined HubSpot in 2007 as Employee #6, and helped scale the company over the next six years to over 8,000 customers and 400 employees. Jonah and his team built HubSpot's customer retention programs, Customer Happiness Index, Tech Support group, Professional Services offerings, and Account Management team.
Jonah started his career as a consultant in the Strategy & Operations group at Deloitte Consulting, where he served fortune 1000 companies in Healthcare and Manufacturing. Jonah has also lived and worked in China, where he focused on entrepreneurship and non-profits.
Jonah has a BA in Physics from Cornell, and an MBA from MIT Sloan.
Chief Revenue Officer
Chief Marketing Officer
VP Customer Success
VP Sales Strategy & Engagement
Culture & Values
- We are product-driven and customer-driven. We care a lot about building a great product and we care a lot about creating massive value for customers.
- We hire people who are awesome at what they do, but want to improve every day. We love a good challenge, which is good because building a company isn’t easy.
- We thrive on new ideas and perspectives, and love to collaborate to solve problems.
- We have free snacks and beer, we have happy hours and events, but that’s not why we work here.
- We are passionately opposed to politics, bureaucracy, and bs. We make way for everyone to do their best work.
- We strive to solve problems with technology. We use software to fuel our growth, and engage humans to add value where they are most impactful.
- We try to surround ourselves with amazing people who are smarter than us - so that we can constantly learn and improve.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary: We pay at or above market.
- Equity: You're early to the party at Crayon and we want you to be a shareholder in the company.
- Medical & Dental Insurance: We have good health & dental plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA.
- 401k Plan: Every full-time employee is eligible to contribute to a 401k retirement savings plan.
- Unlimited Vacation: We don’t track vacation days… you take the time off when you need it, and we encourage you to take the time to recharge.
- Professional Development Budget: As many books and networking coffees you want, plus education budget for professional development.
- Top-Notch Equipment: Top of the line Macbook Pro, monitor, adjustable standing desk, and any other equipment you need.
- Convenient Location: Our office is centrally located in downtown Boston near South Station with access by T, bus, and commuter rail.
Welcome to the Crayon office, right in the heart of Downtown Boston near South Station.
Have a seat in our lounge to get a change of scenery or have an informal meeting.
Being named Crayon, we couldn't resist having some coloring in the office. Picnic table doubles as coloring and lunch station.
Our kitchen is fully stocked with everything from fruit and trail mix to soda and beer to Doritos and Twizzlers.
What does your crayon say about you? Our gallery of drawings by employees (and sometimes employees' kids).
Our open office makes it that much easier for every department to hear what's going on in the business.
Robyn, one of our earliest employees, always bringing that big smile.
The Crayon sales team hard at work.
Tyler, one of the newest additions to our customer success team.
We have our own private space in the middle of Boston, but tucked away for extra privacy.
The library and inspiration board.
What you can look forward to on your one-year anniversary.
Much of the office furnishings reflect employee preferences, including our leopard print chairs.
John sportin' the original "Crayon Pac-Man" t-shirt.
Julia and Alex exchanging ideas on the fly.
Who wants a sticker?
Ellie, our CMO, conveniently sitting in the middle of the office to easily reach any department.
Jonah, our CEO, loves seeing us hard at work.
The leopard print chairs make it into the conference rooms too.
Whiteboards galore - the tabletops are whiteboards too.
Need a coloring break? Printed coloring book pages available.
The lounge is perfect for cross-departmental meetings.
Cambridge Semantics moved into their new Back Bay offices last December at 500 Boylston Street. One really cool aspect of the company is the personalization that we discovered on the walls. Each employee has his or her own profile created into a piece of artwork by the VP of Engineering's wife, which are hung up on the walls throughout the office.
A unique perk for BitSight Technologies is their BitSciFi series, where employees get to enjoy retro Sci-Fi movies and popcorn some Wednesday afternoons. Outside, there's lots of green space to either relax, grab lunch from a food truck, or take a walk.
Catalant's offices are located in the Seaport District. Taking a look inside the offices, one can see how each team works to achieve the company’s goals. Along the tour, viewers can also see what lunch time looks like at Catalant, as well as what the employees do for some R&R.
As you are coming off the elevator and head through the doors of Brightcove's offices, you'll immediately notice a colorful front desk with a beautiful mural of Boston in the background, plus some of Brightcove’s awards... including their recognition this year by the Boston Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work.
America’s Test Kitchen recently moved from Brookline to their new home in the Innovation and Design Building located in the Seaport District. After walking into the offices, it is apparent how unique the company is. It’s not a typical startup office, but rather one that would fit right in at a culinary arts college.
Definitive Healthcare's offices have a striking mix of blue, green, and white throughout the place, which reflects the company's logo and branding. Similar to many other tech companies in the area, the company offers their employees a wide-open workspace perfect for collaboration.