Verscend Company Overview
What We Do
As the healthcare industry evolves, our clients face increasingly complex clinical and financial risk. We serve the needs of a specific group of organizations: the health plans that are paying for care; the providers who deliver care; and the employers who are responsible for the needs of their employees. We’re transforming our clients’ experience within the healthcare industry by helping them mitigate risk, reduce cost, improve patient outcomes, and ensure compliant revenue. Our approach combines data services, analytics, and advanced technologies to inform smarter business decisions.
What We Think About
Evolving market trends. New technologies. Public policy. Healthcare reform. Customer service. Building a solid business. It's the kind of place where people actually stay up at night solving customer challenges. Our thought leaders publish on a range of topics, from the future of healthcare and prospective risk analysis to improving patient care through analysis of clinical data. We constantly challenge ourselves to answer healthcare’s biggest questions.
Why We Are Here
Each day, Verscend is working to fundamentally improve the business of healthcare in the United States—a business that grows increasingly complex as health reform takes effect. We help organizations identify, manage, and mitigate healthcare risk to improve quality, reduce cost, and maximize profitability. In a world of questions about how to improve the healthcare system, Verscend is at the forefront of developing answers.
Our success is the product of our talented staff. We offer employees great growth opportunities, a team environment, and a chance to work at one of the fastest growing healthcare information companies. From clinical and medical experts to information technologists, developers, data scientists, account managers, retrieval agents, and more, we’re continually looking for top talent to fill the many positions in offices around the country.
Jobs at Verscend
Sr. Business Analyst
As a member of an Agile development and/or support team for one or more business applications, the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for developing solutions that support business ideas and product concepts through gathering and translating testable requirements into application software solutions. The Senior Business Analyst is a critical thinker capable of contributing independently, mentoring business analysts, collaborating with and driving a sound solution with a diverse team including product managers, software developers, testers, project managers, and teams such as Client Services, Operations, Analytics, and Marketing.
- Conduct interviews, requirements workshops with a cross-discipline team to elicit understanding of business needs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to help design and drive the functional definition of a solution that meets the program level objectives and vision
- Write unambiguous, testable requirements with clear acceptance criteria; an integrated scrum team member to assure requirements are understood fully; work with Architects in defining non-functional requirements
- Work with Product Management to write business case to justify an investment
- Mentor junior business analytics team members
- Assist Client Operations team to troubleshoot issues; evaluate existing application products which could address client requirements and develops recommendations where appropriate
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree in Healthcare Informatics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Science, Mathematics, Public Health, or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in writing requirements and story authoring.
- Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills; is a team player.
- Very strong written skills showing the ability to convey functional details accurately in a well-structured and precise manner that describe end user problems and solutions.
- Proven problem-solving skills, is logical and analytical.
- Experience with systems modeling, user interface design, and prototyping, decision trees, data flow.
- Solid experience in Scrum Agile development or Scaled Agile Framework; Rally knowledge desired.
- Experience in working with distributed, offshore teams.
- Experience in mentoring team members.
- Ability to learn healthcare domain quickly (prior healthcare experience desired).
- Expert use of analysis, documentation, and presentation tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, JIRA, Rally, etc.
- Experience with and knowledge of SQL; querying skills a strong plus.
At Verscend, we are custodians of data for our clients. This requires efficient processes to manage data implementations, data production, data quality and data security. Data Program Management as a function ties these aspects together with the client's interests as the highest priority.
Program Solution Design
- Understand client’s business model and work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure objectives are being met.
- Responsible for definition of end to end process map for each solution that is a part of the client’s program.
Program Planning and Monitoring
- Responsible for the review of an integrated master plan for programs. Each program is a combination of several engagements with the client.
- Develop schedules in MS Project or equivalent scheduling tool and be capable of creating executive level schedule summaries in MS PowerPoint.
- Plan, track, and report key deliverables for assigned accounts. These are around implementations, custom extracts and production runs.
- Ability to work through the dynamics of handling complex clients and prioritize across multiple client engagements.
- Measure and track performance relative to client SLAs and contractual obligations
- Support the scheduling of meetings and events including working group meetings, product reviews, technical interchanges, and executive briefs.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as Health Science, Computer Science, Business, or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years’ experience establishing, implementing and communicating to project metrics. Ability to review multiple work streams design process flows, and support implementation design for more complex clients.
- 2-4 years’ experience within the Healthcare or Insurance space working with Brokers and Consultants, Health Plans, Physicians groups, and TPAs.
- Experience with large payers preferred.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare enrollment, medical claims, and drug claims data required. Additional knowledge of non-traditional data types (health & wellness, workforce productivity, and EMR) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to understand client’s business needs and correlate with data sources and processes.
- Diligent follow ups. This role requires interactions with several internal and external resources.
- Ability to work well independently or in a team environment, and mentor other team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
In this IT Support role, you will provide a single point of contact for internal employees for IT support services such as desktop/laptop hardware, software and peripherals, printers, voice over IP phones, internal application support, audio/visual technologies, basic LAN troubleshooting, VPN/RSA administration, business applications support (email, ActiveSync, antivirus, encryption). You will process incoming technical support incidents and requests through the ServiceNow ticket queue while maintaining service level agreements. You will also provide detailed comments/work notes and update all tickets regularly following incident management procedures and escalating to appropriate personnel when needed.
- Assist with maintenance and configuration of end user business applications including but not limited to: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, Checkpoint Full Disk and Media Encryption server.
- Assist with server file-share administration, printer server management and Active Directory administration. Maintain Windows Deployment Services Servers and create desktop images. Manages Desktop Patching servers and policies assuring desktops are being patched regularly. May act as technical point of contact between the business and 3rd party vendors for IT services (printer vendors, support contact for Antivirus, Laptop Checkpoint).
- Participate in and handles project work with well-defined tasks. Complete project work and report updates to management.
- Setup/Support/Maintenance of all Computers and Phone including Hardware/Software/Applications. Utilize software deployment tools and OS imaging tools such as Windows Deployment Services. Assist with maintenance and configuration of WDS and OS Images.
- Responsible for training Users on processes and procedures such as Mobile Scanning, Remote User Connectivity and Applications.
- Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred.
- 3+ years of end-user technical support experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Products (Office, OS 7/8/10, Server OS 2008/2012), Adobe products, and other business related software applications.
- Working knowledge in File Share Management, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Checkpoint, Microsoft
- Windows Deployment Services or equivalent desktop imaging tool, Basic Active Directory administration, email distribution group administration, group policy objects.
- Required knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures related to Incident, Problem, and Request.
- Basic understanding of IP networking and tools such as Ping, Traceroute, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- One of the following certifications required: A+, HDI Desktop Support Technician, and/or MCP
- ITIL Foundations v3 or KCS Principles certifications preferred.
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned projects with superb written, verbal and customer service skills supporting users via email, phone, or face-to-face. Must be able to resolve escalated issues independently.
- Able to effectively troubleshoot desktop software and hardware related issues with minimal supervision with
- Advanced knowledge of computers and related peripherals, printers, fax machines and office equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Emad Rizk joined Verscend Technologies, Inc. (Verscend) in August of 2016 as Chief Executive Officer. A seasoned and renowned healthcare industry senior executive, Dr. Rizk brings to this role more than 25 years of experience working closely with payers, providers, and government entities. Most recently, he served as CEO at Accretive Health; he was also a member of its Board of Directors. Prior to Accretive Health, Dr. Rizk was President at McKesson Health Solutions, a business that provides clinical and financial solutions to healthcare payers. Before joining McKesson, Dr. Rizk served as Senior Partner and Global Director, Medical Management/Pharmacy for Deloitte Consulting. While at Deloitte, he led the company’s medical cost and quality management practice across all segments. Prior to that, he served as the Associate Medical Director and then Worldwide Medical Director at the Monsanto Corporation. Dr. Rizk currently serves as a board member at Intarcia, Inc., Accuray Inc. (ARAY), and the National Association for Hispanic Health. He also previously served on the National Clinical Advisory Board, National Quality Review Board, and was Director on the board of DMAA (The Care Continuum Alliance). Dr. Rizk’s work has been widely published in journals and books.
Dr. Rizk has been widely recognized in the healthcare Industry. Modern Healthcare has named Dr. Rizk numerous times as one of the “50 Most Influential Physician Executives in the United States,” and the “Top 100 Most Powerful People in Healthcare”. Managed Healthcare Executive named him to its “Top 25 Leaders in Disease Management.” He is a lecturer at Wharton, Harvard, MIT, Columbia, and the Kellogg School of Management.
EVP, Product and Strategy
As executive vice president of product and strategy, Jordan oversees Verscend's product portfolio, analytics, and marketing with a focus on innovation. He is committed to advancing our clients' goals through solutions that empower their success amid an evolving landscape. To that end, he is responsible for ensuring that Verscend's strategic vision aligns with our clients, and the broader healthcare marketplace.
Jordan joined Verscend in 2009 and has held various senior leadership roles during his tenure across operations, data science, finance, human resources, and risk management. Jordan has more than 15 years of healthcare experience. Prior to joining Verscend, Jordan held positions in strategy and new product development at The Advisory Board Company, a healthcare consulting and technology firm. Jordan earned an MBA from Harvard University and an undergraduate degree from Duke University, where he previously served as a trustee.
Senior Vice President, Revenue and Growth
Senior Vice President, Revenue and Growth
In addition, Chris has held leadership positions at several payer, provider, and healthcare services companies, including Health Dialog, Cigna HealthCare (NYSE: CI), and Matria Healthcare (now Alere). Chris currently sits on the board of directors of Regent Surgical Health and Emerson Hospital, serves on the advisory board of Jefferson University's Public Health Program, and is an editor for Population Health Management.
Chris received a master's degree in health administration from The Ohio State University and a bachelor's degree in zoology from Miami University.
SVP, Client Services
As senior vice president of client services for Verscend, Joe Morrissey is responsible for ensuring the satisfaction of the more than 350 clients we serve. Joe engages with clients directly and provides strategic direction for our client services team to deliver the best possible results for our customers' success. By serving as an advocate for our clients internally and drawing on his two decades of experience in healthcare, he ensures their needs are both understood and met by Verscend's team.
Prior to joining Verscend in September 2016, Joe most recently worked for McKesson Corporation, where he spent the majority of his career as vice president of account management and oversaw the retention of thousands of payer, government, provider, and hospital clients by building and managing a strong client-facing team. He also previously worked for the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Joe holds a master's degree in management from Antioch University New England and a bachelor's degree in communications from the University of Maine.
Senior Vice President, Human Resources
Senior Vice President, Human Resources
Prior to joining Verscend, Kerri was corporate human resources manager at George Weston Bakeries, Inc. While there, she developed and maintained HR initiatives including staffing, career development, training, and retention. Kerri also served as employment manager for Langham Hotel in Boston. In this role, she was responsible for the administration of all HR functions including compensation, benefits, employee relations, legal compliance, and health and safety programs.
Kerri holds a BS in Business Administration from Bryant University and a MS in Human Resources Management from Emmanuel College. She is also holds SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certifications.
Chief Financial Officer
As chief financial officer, Felix Morgan provides fiduciary, compliance, and planning oversight for Verscend. He brings more than 20 years of financial and operational leadership experience to his role, including mergers and acquisitions and international operations, with the last 12 years focused on the healthcare technology and services sector.
Felix joins Verscend from Aetna, where he was CFO for the insurance company’s population health solutions; this encompassed commercial-facing technology solutions such as health information exchanges, analytics, and health outcomes. He has also held senior roles at Henry Schein and Ancestry.com. Felix earned his master’s degree from Utah State University
Chief Operating Officer
David brings more than 30 years of healthcare experience to his role at Verscend. As chief operating officer, he oversees several critical areas including development, information technology, information security, data operations, clinical operations, coding, retrieval, legal, and our Nepal operations. In addition to being responsible for operations and technology on a day-to-day basis, David participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range strategies, plans, and budgets based upon broad organizational goals and objectives.
Before joining Verscend, David most recently served as chief strategy officer and chief information officer for Accretive Health, where he created new market and growth strategies by engaging with stakeholders and built customer satisfaction and trust. He also previously served as general manager/ president of RelayHealth/Per-Se, a division of McKesson (NYSE: MCK), where he was responsible for all business operations, business development, strategic planning, product management, client relationships, and payer services. David holds a BS in Healthcare Administration from Southern Illinois University.
How You'll Grow
As a healthcare analytics company, we place a premium on the health of our own employees. We offer comprehensive medical benefits in a range of plan options. We also offer dental and vision coverage, disability benefits, and health savings options.
Verscend is a home for some of the best talent in the healthcare IT field. We offer competitive salaries, a 401k plan with company matching, and generous paid time off programs.
We’re looking for colleagues who want to make an impact. We invest in those who want to carve a career in healthcare and help them realize those ambitions. Our tuition reimbursement program is designed to support lifelong learning.
We encourage volunteerism through company-sponsored events as well as a matching donations program. Foundations like the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and Salvation Army: Adopt a Family are just a few of the charities we're passionate about.