The VentureFizz Podcast: Susanna Pollack - President of Games for Change
Greetings! I’m Alex Culafi, Producer and Editor of The VentureFizz Podcast, and on today’s bonus episode, we’re going to do something a little different.
Today, we’re talking about a subject near and dear to my heart: video games and the power of play. I sit down with Susanna Pollack, President of Games for Change in New York, which is a nonprofit organization that empowers game creators to drive real-world change using games and technology.
Some of the ways they do that include the game design competition called the Games for Change Student Challenge, interactive arcades produced to show off the best social impact and learning games in the market today, consulting for creators, and more. They also produce the Games for Change Festival in June as well as the recently-announced Games for Change Accelerator, which provides funding, mentoring, go-to-market planning, on-going business development, and continuous support to selected companies.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- Susanna’s background and experience, and how she joined Games for Change.
- All the details behind Games for Change and what they do.
- What Susanna thinks makes video games uniquely qualified to spark change.
- Examples of video games large and small that are successfully pro-social.
- The details behind the new Games for Change Accelerator.
- Some of Susanna’s favorite video games.
- Plus, a lot more.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!