The VentureFizz Podcast: Steve Sarracino - Founder and Partner at Activant Capital
Steve has several years of experience as an investor in disruptive technology companies. He launched Activant Capital in 2012 to focus on growth stage businesses, where they can actively partner with companies and help them scale. The firm makes a small number of investments per year, so they can optimize their value.
The strategy is working as the firm has seen exits from investments in Hybris, Recommind, and Upland. Their current portfolio includes companies like Newstore, Celect, Indigo, Boxed, and more.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of great topics like:
- Steve’s background, including the story of how he bought Disney stock when he was just 11 years old.
- All the details on Activant Capital and how they help companies with scaling.
- The three key factors that he looks for when investing in a company.
- How pricing has evolved for software companies and their thesis around Value Share pricing.
- His thoughts around the future of retail and commerce.
- How to build a highly effective Board of Directors.
- Plus, a lot more.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!