The VentureFizz Podcast: Oliver Wellington - Founder of Headliner
A few months ago, I discovered a company in NY called Headliner that makes it easy to create social video. No, this is not an advertisement, but we are users and fans of this product as it is incredibly intuitive and their freemium pricing model makes it cost effective.
Headliner is being used by thousands and thousands of Radio Producers, Podcasters, and Publishers to generate a massive amount of videos per week. Oliver and his co-founder, Neil Mody, are serial entrepreneurs and this is their second company together.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Some observations and thoughts on starting a podcast.
- How being in a band influenced Oliver’s professional career.
- The details on their first company, Nrelate, which was acquired by IAC.
- How Sparemin evolved into Headliner and all the details on the company, its tech, and future plans.
- Advice on how to get feedback on your product from your customers.
- And so much more.
Whenever someone asks me who are the fastest growing tech companies in Boston or New York City, I simply direct them to our BIZZpages. From there, you can do a virtual tour of each tech scene and explore over 290 companies! Each BIZZpage tells you everything you need to know from a high level like the details on the company, culture, job openings, leadership team, and more! Go to venturefizz.com/bizzpages to start exploring!
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or SoundCloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!