The VentureFizz Podcast: Leslie Borrell - VP of Smart Cities at Intersection
When we talk about the next 5, 10, 15 or more years of urban living, the phrase “smart city” will almost definitely be a part of the conversation. Now, smart city can mean a number of different things, from good public Wi-Fi to autonomous cars and much, much more.
Intersection is a company at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Its mission is to improve the experience of public places through technology that provides connectivity, information, and engaging content and experiences to civilians across various cities. You might know them from LinkNYC, the largest and fastest free public Wi-Fi network in the world.
Leslie is part of the team that is making Smart Cities a reality and as we discuss her background, you’ll notice that she has not been afraid to take chances and go for it. This has all paid off as she has held engineering leadership roles at a variety of tech companies in NYC.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of other topics, like:
- Leslie’s thoughts on what our smart city future will look like.
- The full background story of her career and how she worked her way into engineering leadership roles.
- All the details on Intersection’s products and how they are powering smart cities, plus their business model.
- The company’s culture, including their approach to diversity and inclusion, and advice for companies on building a diverse workplace.
- Advice for women on pursuing leadership roles in tech.
- And so much more.
Our Job Board has over 4,400 positions listed, and we just went through a redesign of the job listings. It is a much cleaner design and you’ll find highly relevant information on each listing like employee testimonials, photos, video, and the latest featured story from VentureFizz. This way you can learn a lot more about the company and its culture direct from each job listing. Go to venturefizz.com/jobs to check it out.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!