The VentureFizz Podcast: Jon Staff - Founder and CEO of Getaway
With today’s always-connected and always-on world, I think most people would agree that disconnecting is good for the mind, body, and soul. This is exactly the business that Jon has created, an environment where you can disconnect in one of their tiny cabins that are situated in nature a couple of hours from a major city. The goal is to let you recharge and spend time on the things that matter, like ourselves and our relationships.
Jon is a serial entrepreneur. We actually wrote a story about prior company called Favecast on VentureFizz several years ago. Getaway ended up being the right idea, as the company recently announced a $22.5M Series B round of funding and is scaling aggressively.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- The interesting places Jon has lived including the basement of a frozen yogurt shop.
- The details on his background, including where his work ethic came from and the multiple companies he started.
- What led him down the path of founding Getaway and how the company got started.
- His experience pitching Getaway on Shark Tank and the impact it had on the company’s business.
- Advice for building a great brand.
- The challenges of building a team in the early days of a company.
- And so much more.
Did you know that every Monday morning, we send out two weekly digest emails? There is one for Boston and one for NY. It is your weekly email to stay connected to all the “must-know” information from the local tech scene. It includes information on companies, jobs, events, deals and more. Go to venturefizz.com/email and look for the “Weekly Tech Buzz” to sign up.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!