The VentureFizz Podcast: Jessie Zeng - Founder & CEO of Choosy
The fashion industry is constantly changing. It feels as though one week something can be in style, and the next it is already out of fashion. As a company, it’s nearly impossible to be able to keep up with trends and get them manufactured in a timely manner before the look goes out of style. Choosy is utilizing social media and algorithms to tackle this problem and this direct to consumer eCommerce company is on a path to revolutionize the fashion industry.
Jessie was born in China before moving to the United States while she was in elementary school. She originally envisioned a career in politics, but she ended up in finance which is where she met her co-founders for Choosy.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- What it's like being selected and featured by Forbes as a 30 Under 30.
- Jessie’s early career and experience working in the finance industry and what that taught her.
- What was the inspiration behind starting Choosy?
- All the details on Choosy and how their business model works.
- How Choosy is able to flourish in a highly competitive market.
- Advice on getting publicity for your startup.
- And more!