The VentureFizz Podcast: Jannick Malling - Co-Founder & Co-CEO at Public
Public is a new kind of brokerage that makes it possible to buy any public stock with any amount of money commission-free. It is an idea that I wish existed when I was younger, as they are democratizing the public markets by allowing people to purchase slices of stock. It is a different philosophy where you are focused on how much you want to invest or can invest versus the number of shares. They also have a really interesting social component to the app where you can see what other people are purchasing.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- Jannick’s background and career, including how he caught the entrepreneurial bug.
- All the details on Public, including how everything works in terms of purchasing slices and the company’s business model.
- How they are building a social layer to Public and how it is a key differentiator.
- How they got the Public.com domain, as well as advice for founders on buying domains.
- Advice on raising capital.
- And so much more.
Public is offering our listeners $10 for anyone who is approved and funds a Public account through this episode. Go to: share.public.com/jannick to get started.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or SoundCloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!