The VentureFizz Podcast: Isa Watson - Founder and CEO of Squad
Isa is one of those guests that just makes you go “wow” when you hear about their background. Whether it’s how she skipped two grades in school or the story about how she built her own computer from a young age. Or, how about her experience as a chemist, a VP on Wall Street, and a classical pianist, and this was all before taking the entrepreneurial journey.
Squad is the name of her company, which she calls “social media 2.0.” It’s a social community for millennials and gen-z, who are looking to move beyond screens and share real-life experiences together. The company has raised $3.1M to date, via a seed round that was led by Harrison Metal.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- Isa’s upbringing including stories of how her parents instilled a foundation of knowledge and curiosity.
- A walk through her professional and academic history, which spans across various industries and the top academic institutions in the world.
- How she became an entrepreneur, and what made her take the leap.
- The details on Squad, including the story on how the product pivoted and her vision for the company moving forward.
- The meaning of the word “sacrifice” for an entrepreneur.
- How she’s so successful with PR despite having no formal PR strategy.
- And so much more.
It’s summer and no doubt, it’s hot out there. However, it's not as hot as the VentureFizz Job Board. It is on fire! You’ll find hundreds of job opportunities at some of the fastest-growing tech companies across the NY tech scene. Go to venturefizz.com/jobs to start exploring.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!