The VentureFizz Podcast: Elizabeth Galbut - Co-Founder and Managing Partner at SoGal Ventures
Elizabeth has founded two venture capital firms. While attending business school, she founded A-Level Capital, the first student-led VC firm powered by John Hopkins students.
Her current firm, SoGal Ventures is the first female-led millennial VC firm. They focus on investing in diverse founding teams that are trying to solve major problems in the consumer or healthcare industry.
Elizabeth and her Co-Founder & Partner, Pocket Sun, have invested in over 50 companies including EverlyWell, Function of Beauty, Little Spoon, and many more.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- Advice for founders on getting media attention.
- Elizabeth’s early professional background and the story of how A-Level Capital came to be.
- What led her down the path of starting SoGal Ventures, as well as all the details behind the firm and what they are targeting for investments.
- The importance of diversity in entrepreneurship.
- How Elizabeth manages her time.
- Plus, a lot more.
Did you know that we have a weekly digest email that has all the “must know” information about the NY tech scene? It is one email a week that will keep you plugged in. Go to venturefizz.com/email to sign up.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!