The VentureFizz Podcast: Christiane Lemieux - Founder and CEO of The Inside.
Christiane is a design entrepreneur with many accomplishments. Outside of starting companies, she is an author of multiple books and has been featured on TV as a co-host and judge on “Ellen’s Design Challenge” on HGTV.
As a serial entrepreneur, her last company DwellStudio was acquired by Wayfair in 2013, where she served as the company’s Executive Creative Director.
The Inside is a venture-backed, digitally native home furnishings brand. The company is disrupting the way consumers buy furniture with a custom, made-to-order approach that offers world-class design and limitless selection.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- The two new books she’s currently working on.
- Her background story, including a deep dive into her first company, DwellStudio, and its acquisition by Wayfair.
- All the detail on The Inside and her thoughts on building a consumer brand.
- Advice for non-technical founders, who are building a technology company.
- Her thoughts on selecting the right investors for your business.
- How she thinks about hiring and evaluating talent.
- Plus, a lot more.
What is the best way to stay connected to all the amazing job opportunities across the NY tech scene? The answer is simple. Sign up for our Job Alerts email. It is a daily email that features the latest positions from our Job Board which you can customize based on the functional area that you care about. Keep pushing your career forward by signing up at venturefizz.com/email.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!