The VentureFizz Podcast: Ash Kaluarachchi - Co-Founder of StartEd
Some of my favorite episodes of this show are the ones where the guest wears their passion on their sleeve, and Ash’s passion for EdTech is nothing short of infectious. We start the podcast discussing where that passion comes from, and his love for education and technology comes through the entire episode.
StartEd invests in and advises innovative EdTech companies with intensive programs ranging from 1-day to 6-weeks. The accelerator provides everything from mentorship to business development and beyond.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- Ash’s background story and the early stages of his career, including how he got involved with Techstars.
- What led him down the path of launching StartEd and how they work with entrepreneurs, plus all the details on NY EdTech Week.
- What he’s most proud of in his career.
- The current state of the EdTech scene in New York.
- Advice for EdTech founders who are figuring out the process for selling to school districts.
- What he’s excited about in terms of the future of education and technology.
- Plus, a lot more.
Did you know that VentureFizz now has a YouTube channel? It is a great way to watch lots of the interviews we have with folks from the New York tech community. You’ll find lots of practical advice or just an inside look at a company and how they operate. Go to youtube.com/venturefizz to check out founders and entrepreneurs.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!