The VentureFizz Podcast: Sam Dunn - Co-Founder and CEO at Robin
I have a strong appreciation for entrepreneurs, as it is really hard to build and scale a business. But, starting a company while you are still in college is a whole different ball game that requires guts and determination.
Sam, along with his twin brother Zach, and Brian Muse, the 3rd co-founder and CTO, have never worked professionally for anyone else. They started One Mighty Roar while they were still in college and this business eventually evolved into Robin.
Robin is a SaaS workplace scheduling and management platform that is modernizing the open office. Back in May, the company raised a $20M Series B round of funding to help fuel their growth.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- Office trends, and some interesting hacks on how to set up workplaces.
- The background story of Robin and how the company evolved from an agency to a product company.
- A deep dive into Robin, its platform and the value it provides for their customers.
- The experience of raising capital through multiple rounds.
- Their thought process behind their pricing model.
- The three questions Sam uses to evaluate talent.
- And so much more.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? You’ll find videos from our podcast, plus lots of other interviews with founders and our very popular Inside: series, which gives you an inside look at a functional area in one of the fastest-growing tech companies. Go to youtube.com/venturefizz to check it out.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!