The VentureFizz Podcast: Max Versace - Co-Founder & CEO of Neurala
Very few people have the same level of knowledge about Artificial Intelligence than Max. He holds two PhDs, several patents, and co-founded Boston University’s Neuromorphics Lab.
AI is a major buzzword heard across multiple companies these days, but Neurala is actually building AI… not just using it. The company’s technology has been deployed on 30 million devices globally and its Brain Builder platform has multiple use-cases for drones, robotics, smart devices, industrial inspection, and more.
If you were wondering about his last name, yes… Max is part of the same Versace family tree, exception his idea of modeling is very different.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of other topics:
- A discussion around the debate on whether AI is dangerous for our future… aka the Terminator scenario.
- Max’s early life in Italy, how he got into AI from a young age, and his experience at BU
- All the history and details on Neurala and their technology.
- Advice for founders on the patent process.
- The biggest challenges of commercializing research and building a company out of it.
- Advice for founders who are ahead of the market and are trying to raise capital.
- And more!
Did you know that every Monday at 9:15 & 10am, we send out two weekly digest emails? There is one for Boston and one for NY. It is your weekly email to stay connected to all the “must-know” information from the local tech scene. It includes information on companies, jobs, events, deals and more. Go to venturefizz.com/email and look for the “Weekly Tech Buzz” to sign up.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or SoundCloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!