The VentureFizz Podcast: Doron Reuveni - Founder and CEO of Applause
Building a successful company is incredibly difficult. It is definitely not a sprint, it’s not even a marathon… it is more like an Ironman competition where you have to train for multiple events and do it at a massive scale. Well, Doron can definitely relate to this analogy, as an Ironman competitor, biker, and marathoner.
He and his co-founder, Roy Solomon, disrupted the software testing industry with a new approach by leveraging a crowdsourcing model. Applause went on to raise over $115M in funding and was acquired by Vista Equity Partners in 2017.
Here’s a fun fact: Applause was originally known as uTest and they were one of the very first sponsors of VentureFizz. It was uTest, General Catalyst, and Akamai. Without their support in the early days of VentureFizz… we might not even exist!
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- Doron’s background story and professional history.
- How the idea for uTest originated, how they built out the community of testers, and started to gain traction with customers.
- The story behind the rebranding of the company.
- The current state of their business in terms of size and scale.
- Advice for founders on how to remain as CEO of your company over the long term.
- The hardest part of scaling a business
- How to build a management team.
- And so much more.
Did you know that you can get customized job alerts delivered to your inbox every day? It’s a great way to keep informed of the over 4,000 jobs listed on VentureFizz and have jobs from a specific category sent directly to you. Don’t let that career-defining opportunity pass you by, go to venturefizz.com/email to sign up.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!