Facebook Boston's New Offices in Kendall Square
Facebook has a long standing history with the Boston area, considering the company was started at Harvard. Over the years, the company has been aggressively growing its local presence with a team that has been supporting several strategic initiatives.
The growth is continuing as Facebook recently unveiled its brand new 130,000 square foot office located at 100 Binney Street in Cambridge. Facebook Boston currently has 200 employees working out of this location and there's plenty of room for growth, as the space is built to hold 600 people.
We were there for the big opening a few weeks ago, but we came back for a private tour, so we could give you a deeper inside look. As expected, it is a beautiful office with lots of unique features and amenities, such as:
- A full-service Café named the Hack Shack that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and features a state-of-the-art 3K sq. ft. kitchen with a smoker & pizza oven.
- A library that features a hidden room only access through the bookcase walls.
- A “photo moment” installation in the office where you can jump in a crew boat with Charles River backdrop, snap a pic, and share on Facebook and Instagram.
- Conference rooms with lots of different themes including musicians from Boston... of which, I learned that Donna Summer was originally from Boston.
- A Cheers-themed bar for weekly social gatherings.
- A large open floor plan that allows the team to maintain a collaborative and transparent work environment.
- Eight (8) art installations created by local artists in our Artists in Residence program.
- A dotted line trail that is measured in Smoots, a nod to MIT's Oliver Smoot. I guess my height is considered one smoot.
Take the tour in the slideshow below! Interested in working at Facebook? Click here to see all of their available job openings.