Qstream Company Overview
Developed at Harvard, Qstream is a radically new sales performance platform used by top brands to ignite high-performance sales teams. Combining science and data analytics in an easy-to-use mobile solution, Qstream is the first and only proven approach to building smarter, more confident sales teams at scale – with impact to the bottom line.
In minutes a day, sales reps use Qstream to respond to short scenario-based challenges pushed to their mobile device, allowing them to apply their knowledge and practice best approaches to selling. The platform’s analytics engine synthesizes response data to provide insights into team capabilities via a data-driven Coaching HubÔ that combines system-generated proficiency scores with observed competency and confidence ratings. Integration with CRM systems such as Salesforce.com allows users to correlate Qstream data against any KPI for triggered coaching actions and a richer picture of sales readiness.
Today Qstream is used by 14 of the world’s top 15 pharmaceutical companies, as well as leaders in technology and financial services. The company is based outside Boston, MA, with additional locations in San Francisco, Oregon, UK, and Dublin, Ireland.
Check out the video from our recent office move:
Jobs at Qstream
SENIOR CLIENT SERVICES CONSULTANT
Are you that person who…
- clients rave about and ask for directly?
- tackles problems independently and is able to resolve them given your natural sense of curiosity?
- jumps at learning the latest technologies?
- has been described as a self-starter with a “get-stuff-done” attitude?
A Day in the Life
Our customers expect to have a spectacular experience with Qstream and we boast a proud history of exceeding their expectations in every way. Our Client Services team members are the ambassadors of our technology and brand.
In this role you will move between managing the tactical components of an implementation and using your product expertise to provide mentoring, technical support, and hands-on Qstream administrator services for our global clients. Flexibility, accountability and the ability to think on your feet are must-haves.
Qstream is a shift in how management helps our clients’ sales teams succeed. You will mentor and guide our corporate clients as they learn this new technology and help them integrate Qstream into their organization. This includes developing a project plan, guiding them through the implementation process, and helping them make key implementation decisions along the way.
As a power-user on Qstream you will assist with implementation tasks and ongoing administration for corporate clients. This includes game configuration, reporting and team setup, user administration … and more!! Enjoy the long-term relationship you will establish with key clients.
You will share your Qstream wisdom teaching clients how to implement and use our web-based enterprise platform. Through online webinars you will help our university and healthcare clients to become independent and successful.
You will use your technical and problem-solving skills to help clients with questions about Qstream. This includes responding to questions and issues from site administrators, content authors, and end users.
And More! – We are a fast paced, fast growing start up and there is always an unexpected project popping up or a new direction to be explored.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A proven “power user” of a complex enterprise software system.
- Project management and consulting experience deploying software in a corporate environment.
- Client-facing role with a track record of delivering exceptional service to Fortune 100 clients.
The Necessary Skills
- Superior communicator. On a daily basis, you will need to communicate professionally on the phone and through well-crafted emails and customized materials that address a variety of needs.
- Client services master. Build and nurture relationships while delivering a flawless product deployment.
- Quick and independent learner. We’re a lean startup and need people who are motivated to roll up their sleeves and able to figure things out on their own.
- Problem solver. Launching a Qstream to thousands of users needs to be done right – the first time. Anticipating and resolving potential problems is key. Critical thinking and attention to detail are required.
- Project(s) manager. From the devilish details to the bird’s eye view, you own the project.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Qstream does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qstream employees or any other company location. Qstream is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
CEO and Co-founder
Under Duncan’s leadership and strategic vision, Qstream has become a fast-growth provider of dynamic sales enablement solutions, capturing the attention of some of the world’s largest enterprise accounts including Boehringer Ingelheim and Genentech. Prior to Qstream, he co-founded and served as CTO of WBT Systems. A recognized industry expert, Duncan lends his knowledge of mobile and Web technologies and analytics at industry conferences and has been quoted in CNN and RTÉ on topics of entrepreneurship. Duncan has a B.Sc (Hons) in Computer Science from University College Dublin, Ireland. He is an information fanatic, Apple groupie, on-again-off-again practitioner of Aikido, and a private pilot.
CTO and Co-founder
Barry’s unique ability to code at the bare metal while placing himself in the position of the user allows him to do what he does best: design, build and support applications that users love. Prior to co-founding Qstream, he held senior engineering roles at Siemens Medical Solutions, WBT Systems and Cinemaware, and has readily contributed to open-source projects in cloud infrastructure and social networks. Barry holds a B.S. in Computer Science from Trinity College, Dublin, and is a Ruby on Rails and cloud deployment expert.
Senior Vice President, Corporate Development
Joe has a track record of building great sales teams and customer relationships – taking each to new levels of productivity and profitability. Prior to Qstream, he led strategic sales initiatives for San Jose-based Clarity Consultants, and held executive leadership roles at Oracle, SAP, Peoplefluent, Softscape and Centra Software. Joe has an MBA from the Rochester Institute of Technology, a BS in Business from State University of New York, and served as an adjunct professor for the graduate school of business at Philadelphia University.
Vice President of Product
Sandeep draws on his 20-plus years of software engineering and product management experience to drive Qstream’s continuous product innovation. He has a deep understanding of how to build products that win in highly competitive markets, having served as senior director of product management for CA Technologies’ Identity-as-a-Service platform and InteQ Corporation, where he helped develop and bring to market a SaaS service management solution. Sandeep is a graduate of the National Institute of Technology Calicut.
Vice President of Engineering
Alan brings a blend of technical expertise and strategic business acumen to his leadership of Qstream’s engineering team, ensuring that the company delivers high-quality products that fuel sales growth for blue-chip customers. Joining Qstream from Allied Irish Bank where he led a team of 250 developers, Alan previously held senior development roles at Paddy Power and McKinsey and Company. He has a BA from the Irish Management Institute, and an MBA in strategy and finance from UCD Smurfit School of Business.
Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales
Michael is a veteran SaaS sales leader with extensive experience scaling global revenue engines. In addition to sales acumen, he brings a passion for data, analytics, and customer success to the Qstream team. His prior positions include leading North American sales for web performance analytics pioneer Webtrends and global sales for GoodData where, under his leadership, revenue grew from mid six-figures to tens of millions of dollars in four years. Michael is graduate of the University of Colorado Boulder.
Tom’s passion for well-measured, aligned business operations plays an instrumental role in guiding Qstream’s continued global growth. He has a broad mix of executive leadership and has scaled and restructured businesses ranging from $10 million to $1 billion. Tom previously served as CFO of Vela Systems (acquired by Autodesk), Director of Strategy and Market Development at Motorola, and co-founder and CEO of Windshield, Inc. a web-based collaboration platform for strategic alignment in fast growing companies.
What is it like to work at your company in terms of your culture?
At Qstream, we prize our core values above all else. It’s more than words on paper; we put these values into action every day, and it shows in whom we hire, reward and promote. These values include passion, curiosity, intelligence and adaptability. We also value the drive to get stuff done, delight customers and have fun. It’s in our DNA. We take our work very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. When you get to know us, you’ll see that we mean it.
Sure, everyone loves our extra vacation time, playing Xbox in the game room and our well-stocked kitchen. However, at the end of the day, Qstream work is meaningful work – and that’s the best perk. Our management team fosters a culture that enables the delivery of truly great products, inspires innovation, and stokes the passion of every employee. After all, they've done it before! With years of experience building world-class startups, our team has attracted some of the best talent and the support of top-notch investors. In late 2014, the company completed its Series A funding with a total investment of $6.85M from some of today's most progressive venture firms.
What’s the best way to get a job at Qstream?
We’re looking for our next hire – someone who’s great for the role, great for Qstream and looking to apply and stretch their skills. We encourage interested candidates to submit their resumes and cover letters online to theQstream Career page or visit our VentureFizz BIZZpage. If you know someone who is currently an employee at Qstream, the Employee Referral Program is a great way to connect regarding job opportunities. The company’s External Referral Program lets you refer a candidate, who if hired, gets you a $500 referral bonus.
What can someone expect during the interview process?
The pace moves quickly around here, which means we have to be nimble, both in how we work and how we hire. We know your life is just as busy. We respect the process, and you can expect us to review cover letters and resumes quickly. We will not leave you hanging or disappear into a black hole. If we see a potential match, we’ll quickly schedule a phone call because nothing beats a conversation. If everyone – including you – likes what they are hearing, we’ll invite you to meet the team. Interviews often include an opportunity to join the team for lunch so that you can make sure we are a good fit. We understand that the candidate’s time is just as important as the hiring manager’s time. We strive to move the interview process along. We review applications daily. Typically, if there is a match, we start with a phone screen. If a mutual interest is determined, the candidate is asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The candidate tours our office, interviews with the hiring manager, meets team members, and receives an in-depth perspective on the job and the company. You get to know us, and we get to know you. Duncan Lennox, our CEO, talks to all our best candidates before an offer is extended.
What can people expect over the course of their career at Qstream?
Growth is at the heart of everything we do and everything you can expect from your Qstream career. Whether you are a recent graduate, new to the job market or have years of experience under your belt, we have a variety of rewarding opportunities to fit your talents and interests. We're committed to your success through training and networking programs designed to support lifelong personal and professional development. Our culture is designed to support meaningful work. Regardless of where you are in your career at Qstream, expect to solve problems, improve your skills and have eureka moments. Everyone at Qstream is fully engaged and empowered to make things happen. There is never a boring day, much less a typical day. In fact, we hope you never have one!
Are there any favorite activities that the employees do outside of the office?
- Qstream loves being part of all kinds of activities!
- Summer outing at Crane's Beach, a clam bake with employees and their families
- J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge in Boston, supporting the Inner-City Scholarship Fund
- Team Outings: bowling, game night, pick-up basketball, fitness challenge
- Pub trivia nights led by our CEO, Duncan Lennox
- Holiday Party
- …And much more!
Are there any fun facts or unique stories that you can share about Qstream or individuals that work there?
Did you know that Qstream is used by hundreds of thousands of sales reps in enterprise accounts across 144 countries, including more than 7,500 users in the Boston area? Qstream’s global customers include technology and financial services giants, including EMC, Xerox, and Wells Fargo as well as 12 of the world’s top 15 pharmaceutical companies, such as Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer. Our Boston-based customers include athenahealth, Nuance, Hologic, Biogen Idec, Boston Scientific, and Boston Children’s Hospital, to name just a few.
But our best stories come from our individual employees!
- Duncan Lennox, CEO and Co-Founder: “Like all of us, I had a choice about where to come to work. I joined Qstream in 2008 because I believed that we could do something truly game changing, as I still do today. I never tire of seeing the amazing difference we are making in the work life of our customers, the influence of our brand around the world, and the positive comments and accolades that continue to come our way as a result. We’re seeking the best and brightest to help fulfill our growth plans. I guarantee the journey will be challenging, rewarding…and most importantly, fun!
- Mark Collins, Business Development Team Lead: Mark was Qstream’s first business development representative (BDR) and joined the team in late 2013. In this role, Mark is on the frontlines with prospects and has the job of quickly introducing our value proposition to land a meeting: “It's amazing how much our prospects and customers love the product. It makes it a lot easier to pitch to prospects when you know the product is something that will actually help them do their job better and that they are going to enjoy it. I got just what I was looking for at Qstream.” Mark did such a great job in his role, within six months, he was promoted to lead the global BDR team.
- Bridget Jay, Client Services Manager: Bridget got a taste for implementing software as an internal project manager with her former employer. She was hooked and wanted more. Making sure that customers are truly delighted with Qstream comes as natural as breathing for Bridget. Her passion for helping others – whether they are clients, co-workers, friends, and family – is evident as soon as you meet her. “The best part about working at Qstream is that every day is different. Some days are spent getting to know new clients and understanding their challenges so that we are able to help them implement solutions. Other days are spent providing support and assistance to existing clients so that they can be more successful.” Harvard Business Review contributor, Scott Edinger, highlighted Bridget’s amazing Qstream contributions in a Forbes blog earlier this year – discussing the benefits of employees who act like business owners.
What TV or movie would best describe the working environment and employees at Qstream?
A cross between the “Incredibles” movie – where everyone is an undercover superhero itching to take action, and the “Lego” movie, where given the opportunity, everyone is an awesome “MasterBuilder.” At Qstream, we understand that everyone is capable of building extraordinary things. Individual success is linked to team success. No matter what role you are applying for, we are looking for superheroes looking to contribute and help make everyone around them better.
Do you have any unique benefits or perks?
We’ve learned it can be challenging to find the right person for our team, so when we find our next inspiring coworker, we celebrate! We share our excitement by sending every new hire a little Mad Money – each new Qstreamer receives $100 before their start date so they can celebrate, too! As we grow, we also continue to enhance other benefits, such as four weeks of vacation for everyone – from day one.
Other exceptional benefits and perks, include:
- Game Room – Xbox, putting green, and more
- Good Eats – Coffee, drinks, healthy and sweet snacks
- Health Benefits – Dental, vision, medical care on day one of your hire; Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Compensation – Competitive salaries, 401(k)
- Time Off – Paid vacation and 11 holidays
- Company Events – Holiday parties, team outings, fitness contests
- Career Growth – Networking opportunities, career tracks, international exposure
What’s on tap or in your fridge?
Our kitchen comes fully loaded with lots of goodies – from cereal and waffles to a rotating selection of microbrews. In summer, you’ll find popsicles, but every day, you’ll find chocolate. Every Wednesday, lunch is on us.
- 2015 Gartner Cool Vendor in CRM Sales Applications
- 2015 MITX Award Winner for Most Innovative Mobile Solution
- 2015 Gold Stevie for Sales & Customer Service Software
- 2015 Smart Selling Tools Top 40 Sales Tools
- 2015 MassTLC Sales & Marketing Innovative Technology of the Year Finalist