PatientsLikeMe Company Overview
PatientsLikeMe, the world’s largest personalized health network, helps people find new options for treatments, connect with others, and take action to improve their outcomes. The company has worked with every major pharmaceutical company and a range of government organizations to bring the patient voice to research, development and public policy. With 500,000 members, PatientsLikeMe is a trusted source for real-world disease information and a clinically robust resource that has published more than 100 research studies.
PatientsLikeMe is now a central part of iCarbonX's Digital Life Alliance, which is working to combine biological and patient-generated data with artificial intelligence technology to more rapidly detect meaningful signals about health, disease and aging, deliver a personalized guide for living a healthy life, and help industry learn even more about how to improve outcomes, and lives.
Jobs at PatientsLikeMe
If you enjoy working on complex and meaningful problems, working at Patientslikeme (PLM) as a Product Manager is the role for you. At PLM, product managers work cross-functionally to create the best place for patients to understand their options in managing their disease, achieving the best outcomes, and getting and giving support from other patients like them along the way. The problems we solve here are challenging and interesting, but also incredibly rewarding - making it easier for our users to live and get better.
The PLM.com Core Product team is responsible for our consumer product from strategy to execution. As a member of this team you could own:
- The social features that help connect our users to each other (improving retention)
- Our native iOS and Android apps to better meet the needs of ~70% of our members utilizing the mobile platform
- Or, the building of richer communities in each condition by helping drive organic and paid user growth.
As such, we are looking for an experienced product manager who has the PM basics down and is excited to tackle such a challenging problem.
A successful PM in this team will:
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about design and understand how important it is to making a great product for our users
- Have demonstrated the skills that will enable them to hit the ground running in leading scrum teams successfully (and know that while successful execution is important, it isn’t a guarantee for a successful product)
- Have experience running AB tests and using data to make better product decisions
- Possess the ability to focus and execute as effectively on details as big picture strategy
- Deeply empathize with our users and have a strong desire to see their hard work making a difference in the world
- Be intellectually curious and interested in digging into the “why” of problems
An ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 6-10 years of experience as a product manager or otherwise leading software teams
- Have recent experience working on consumer web or app products
- Have prior experience with software products focused specifically on growth, retention, and/or native mobile apps
- Be passionate about working in (or learning about) healthcare!
PatientsLikeMe is at an exciting stage in our growth and development and we are seeking a driven, process oriented leader to work with our Senior Leadership to take us to the next stage in our life cycle and beyond. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual, to influence change and development in an organization poised for significant growth. Reporting to the COO, the major purpose of the role and duties include:
Purpose of the Job
- Build a collaborative, flexible program management infrastructure that combines traditional program management responsibilities with an evolving design control process.
- Facilitate annual corporate execution planning amongst senior leadership team.
- Accelerate cycles of learning from programs and rapidly integrate lessons learned.
- Program Manage concurrent strategic development/implementation projects in Global Regulated environments; managing scope, schedule, issues/risks, trade-offs, communications and expectations.
- Deliver execution excellence in product development:
- Drive collaborative discussions and decisions with all key stakeholders
- Focus at a detailed level on multiple strategic projects simultaneously
- Making optimal use of the Product Development Phase Gate process
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and report corporate scorecard (R&D, S&M, G&A, COGS)
- Build a lean program management function that meets business needs
- Establish and maintain strategic development/implementation projects in regulated and unregulated commercial environments; managing scope, schedule, issues/risks, trade-offs, communications and expectations
- Work with business partners to define and prioritize program requirements and scope.
- Lead, manage and be accountable for the flawless execution of key programs. Manage project plan and schedule. Assist team in budget management, ensure plan is integrated and aligned to overall organizational and business strategy.
- Develop accurate and actionable project plans with milestones and contingency plans as needed based on budget, timing, and business need.
- Partner with key business pillars (including Marketing, Product Development, Regulatory and operations) to develop develop and manage business contingency plans and manage business opportunities and identified risks.
- Collaborate and coordinate across all the Functional areas within and related to Programs: Regulatory, Bioresearch, Engineering, Product Management, QA/QC, Clinical, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Legal, Operations, Service and Support and others.
- Establish and Manage strong partnerships with internal teams across the company.
- Communicate Program status to key stakeholders and to exec management including board members as needed and required
Education and/or Job Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) minimum, preferably in a scientific/technical discipline (e.g. biology, chemistry, engineering)
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience in product/program management and product development and demonstrated success in developing, launching and supporting software applications, life science / diagnostic products and Laboratory Developed Tests (LDT’S).
- Previous experience in research consumer products further developed into diagnostic and medical device preferred.
- Stage-gate product development process experience from global companies preferred.
- Strong project management and cross-group skills, including the ability to get what you need from others while working around their own legitimate priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, rapidly changing, high growth organization.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills.
- Moderate travel
Special Skills, Abilities, and Requirements:
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability in developing a program management function within a multi-disciplinary technical environment.
- Operational leadership and an understanding of partner and customer requirements.
- Strong leadership skills particularly the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Advanced written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work closely with highly technical teams and quickly understand mutli-disciplinary concepts
- High attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Working knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulations,( 21 CFR Part 820) ISO 13485 (Quality Management for Medical Devices and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) of 1988.
- PMP certification a plus
- Mandarin language skills desirable
- This position is based out of our office in Cambridge, MA
PatientsLikeMe is leading the charge to create the largest healthcare unicorn ever, and we are seeking an exceptional, creative talent to lead our UX Design team. Through our products and services, we are uniquely positioned to drive meaningful change for people in health and wellness. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are bringing on a creative design leader to drive our Design and Product Marketing support organization in development of best in class consumer-facing product offerings. Reporting to the CTO, the Design Director is the creative design owner of our products. You will serve as the thought leader in design of new product offerings from conception to launch and continued development of the PLM.com web and mobile experiences.
The ideal candidate leads design teams by example, has a high-quality design eye, has a passion for creating consumer products, and is an exceptional team builder and developer of talent. If you are hungry for a role where you will build and lead a multidisciplinary team of Designers and User Researchers to rapid development of innovative consumer design, we want to hear from you!
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Show us what “great” looks like in design, create an enchanting design strategy to develop products for users of all generations to engage with in pursuit of living better through health and wellness.
- Hire, develop, and lead an exceptional team of Designers and User Researchers.
- As the Design Director, your team owns the visual and user experience of our products and works both with our products teams to build functionality and with marketing to develop our brand. Lead them to develop innovative consumer products in uncharted spaces.
- This individual operates in support of the entire senior leadership team. You will report to the CTO/EVP Technology, but will partner across the entire organization. Passionately represent the design perspective for researchers, product owners, marketing and senior leadership.
- Develop quality, quickly! We have big goals for product creation, we’ll give you the space and resources to get there.
- 10+ years’ experience in product design.
- Demonstrated success in consumer space as a creative designer and leader.
- Passion for creating highly engaging consumer designs.
- Prior experience leading high functioning, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with marketing and product leaders.
- Exposure to health and wellness or Life Sciences industries desired but not required.
To be considered for this position please submit your portfolio along with resume and cover letter.
An MIT-trained mechanical engineer, Jamie entered the field of translational medicine when his 29 year old brother Stephen was diagnosed with ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Described by CNNMoney as one of the 15 companies that will change the world, Jamie co-founded PatientsLikeMe to ensure patient outcomes become the primary driver of the medical care and discovery process. Jamie is also the founder and past CEO of the ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS TDI), the world’s first non-profit biotechnology company. During his tenure at ALS TDI, Jamie helped pioneer an open research model and industrialized therapeutic validation process that made ALS TDI the world’s largest and most comprehensive ALS research program. Jamie has founded or co-founded three other health care companies: AOBiome, Genetic Networks, and Love Steve, and is an active member of a community of innovators working to bring dramatic improvements to the way we discover, develop and deliver effective health. Jamie and his brother were the subject of Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jonathan Weiner’s biography His Brother’s Keeper and the documentary So Much So Fast.
Co-Founder & President
Ben has overseen all stages of PatientsLikeMe’s growth, including financing, expansion of patient communities and business partnerships and product strategy. He also serves as our chief privacy officer. Ben is a frequent speaker at conferences and an expert source for media on patient issues and patient-centered care. Previously, he served in manufacturing and business development roles at Target Therapeutics. Ben earned his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and his master’s degree in Business Administration from UCLA’s Anderson Graduate School of Management.
Executive Vice President, Marketing and Operations
Michael focuses on creating value for patients and directing the company’s marketing, engineering, user experience and design, product management, patient advocacy and government compliance teams. He joined PatientsLikeMe as Executive Vice President of Marketing in 2012. Since then he has tripled the company’s member base to 350,000 members and significantly increased engagement on the site. He has also developed and expanded the company’s marketing capability and created the strategy and infrastructure for a strong partner network that includes Walgreens, Aetna and numerous other organizations and nonprofits. Before joining PatientsLikeMe, Michael was President of BroadMap, a provider of industry-leading geographic data products. His geospatial industry experience started at TomTom in 2005, where he was the Global Vice President of Marketing and Business Development for the company’s Tele Atlas business unit. Michael has also held senior marketing positions at Motorola and AOL Time Warner. Michael holds a bachelor of science degree in management from Northeastern University.
Executive Vice President, Business Solutions and Partnerships
Monique Levy serves as Senior Vice President, Head of Customer Strategy and Value Delivery. Levy works with PatientsLikeMe’s life science partners to leverage patient-centered strategies and technologies to transform their operations and meet emerging patient needs. Before joining PatientsLikeMe she was Vice President of Research for the Digital Innovation team at Decision Resources Group. In this role she helped life sciences and technology companies understand how patients, providers and payers are using technology for health, and advised businesses on how to adapt and succeed in fast-changing markets. Levy spent the earlier part of her career in the medical and public sectors, working at global institutions including The World Bank. She also co-founded a bed net business in Zimbabwe for malaria prevention. She holds a bachelor’s degree in international health and development from the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University and a master’s degree in clinical health psychology from the Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology.
Senior Vice President, Marketing, Member Engagement & Business Intelligence
Joy Morel is Senior, Vice President, Marketing, Patient Engagement and Business Intelligence. A global marketing strategist with both business-to-business and business-to-consumer branding experience, she leads the team responsible for creating the strategy and programs that attract and engage new members and bring even greater value to our community. Joy reports to Michael Evers, Executive Vice President of Marketing, Technology and Operations. Joy's marketing expertise has been well honed at several leading internet technology companies, including Verisign and AOL, where she developed both direct-to-consumer and business-to-business go-to-market strategies globally. Her background, and deep brand, media and product marketing experience, will be the foundation on which PatientsLikeMe continues to help people with any condition track their health, learn about living with disease and connect with others like them. Joy holds a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications and psychology from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
Senior Advisor, Consumer Strategy
Vice President, Product & User Experience
Kim guides the software product strategy and leads the user experience design and product management teams at PatientsLikeMe, ensuring that all of our software products are focused on the needs patients have today, while also helping clinicians, researchers, and partners improve healthcare for the long term. Kim’s design experience has made her one of the most distinguished UX experts in the world. She is a frequent speaker and the author of the 2009 bestseller Designing for the Digital Age, which is heralded as the most comprehensive how-to guide in the field. Before joining PatientsLikeMe, Kim was VP of Design and General Manager at Cooper, the leading product design firm. Over the years, Kim has also worked with clients including Lexus, Cardinal Health, Abbott, Medtronic Diabetes, Boeing, Cisco, and Best Buy. Her experience in healthcare product strategy and design includes diagnostic and treatment devices, consumer health education and tracking, online retail pharmacy, and desktop and tablet-based electronic medical records. Kim holds a bachelor of arts degree from the University of California, Berkeley.
Senior Scientific Advisor
Jason works with our leadership team to help define and implement our patient-focused scientific agenda. A leading computational biologist and information science strategist, Jason has been a long-time collaborator with PatientsLikeMe. He was a PatientsLikeMe customer during his 14 years at Merck, where he held senior roles in informatics, R&D and IT. Jason shares his time between PatientsLikeMe and his primary position as the Chief Health Information Officer at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
Executive Vice President, Human Resources
George oversees all aspects of human resources, with a focus on talent acquisition and development. Parker has more than 30 years of human resources experience in high growth and established organizations. Before joining PatientsLikeMe, he was Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer at Forum Pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical company focused on serious brain diseases. Prior to that, from 2010 to 2015, Parker was Vice President, Global Human Resources at Molecular Devices, LLC, a life sciences operating company of Danaher Corporation. He has also held senior HR positions at Cyberonics, Inc., Perkinelmer Instruments, and Bayer A.G., where he effectively led organizations through change and growth. Parker holds a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Hobart College.
Executive Vice President, Research and Development
As Executive Vice President, Research and Development (R&D), Jonathan is responsible for managing the company’s biology, regulatory, research and commercial product development functions. Jonathan is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and reports to Co-founder and President Ben Heywood.
Most recently Jonathan was Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Offerings for Quintiles. Before that he was Chief Science and Technology Officer at Haemonetics, a publicly-held provider of blood and plasma supplies and services. Jonathan has also worked for more than a decade in the pharmaceutical industry, notably as Senior Vice President of Information Technology, Strategy and Business Innovation at Pfizer, where he led the first efforts to integrate the patient voice into discovery and development.
A neurosurgeon certified by The Royal College of Surgeons of England, Jonathan holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Cambridge and a master’s degree in business administration from France’s INSEAD, one of the world’s largest graduate business schools.
Renee Deehan-Kenney, Ph.D.
Vice President, Computational Biology
A molecular biologist by training, Renee has spent the last decade guiding drug discovery and biomarker development by designing and building high resolution molecular models of disease, and creating systems that find meaning in big biological data. Her team of biologists and computational biologists are spearheading our most innovative projects, which are focused on using modeling strategies such as deep learning and neural network applications to understand the molecular underpinnings of health and disease.
Renee was previously Senior Vice President of Research and Chief Scientific Officer at Selventa. In that role, she set the scientific direction for the company’s personalized medicine strategy and built a multidisciplinary team of biologists and computational biologists to characterize disease biology and identify target pathways. Before that Renee was Selventa’s Senior Director of Scientific Research Operations, responsible for designing and building the company’s biomarker discovery platform.
Renee holds a doctoral degree in molecular and cell biology from the University of California, Berkeley and a bachelor of science degree in bioengineering with a minor in mathematics from the University of Pennsylvania.
Your opportunity: do good, feel good
Lots of companies say they're mission-driven, but at PatientsLikeMe, it's in our DNA
The work we do is challenging, rewarding, always evolving, and often complicated. But it's never boring. This is your chance to join a close-knit gang of smart, passionate people who are as excited as ever about changing the future of healthcare. And we're growing like crazy. Join us and we'll make that future together.
Inspired by their brother Stephen's journey with ALS, Ben and Jamie Heywood, along with their longtime friend Jeff Cole, created PatientsLikeMe as a health data-sharing platform.
Our innovative technology helps patients improve their outcomes by connecting with and learning from thousands of others just like them. In the process, they donate what we call data for good. That's real-world information that helps healthcare companies create better healthcare products and services based on real patients' needs.
Our work helps 500,000+ patients with 2700+ conditions live better, together
We're transforming how patients manage their own condition...
Garth, living with cancer
"It certainly doesn't help me to keep my symptoms or my side effects secret. I feel that I owe other patients my experience. If I donate my data, if I share with an organization that can put it together and see a pattern... I'm helping all of the patients."
Letitia, living with epilepsy
"I've made it my passion to share my story and resources with others who are suffering and/or know someone who is suffering from uncontrollable seizures and epilepsy."
…and changing the way the industry conducts research and improves patient care
The lithium study
In a groundbreaking study spearheaded by ALS patients, we analyzed the effects of lithium carbonate on ALS. Our findings refuted the results of a major clinical trial — an unexpected and unmatched moment in the world of medicine.
Collaboration with the FDA
In 2015, we began a partnership with the FDA to explore how patient-reported data can lead to new insights about drug safety. For the first time, the FDA is analyzing patient-generated health data to understand the real-world impact of taking medications over time, and to potentially identify benefits and risks earlier.
Elevating the patient voice at TEDMED
As PatientsLikeMe's Vice President for Advocacy, Policy and Patient Safety, Sally Okun brings the patient voice to health policy discussions at the national and global level. The first nurse to grace the TED stage, Sally spoke at TEDMED about the need to bridge the gap between the patients' lexicon and the overcomplicated language of the healthcare industry.
We're on a mission, but we have fun, too
PatientsLikeMe takes culture — and coffee — seriously. From our annual Tough Mudder team to our coffee machine with 36 ways to get caffeinated (we counted), you could say we're an energetic bunch. And we stay fueled creatively, too, with endless opportunities to keep learning beyond our everyday jobs.
Journal Club brings everyone together on Fridays for an informal presentation from a guest speaker — we've had everyone from Harvard PhDs to a four-star general.
Office hangouts - It's not unusual to want to stick around past 5 PM — karaoke night, happy hours, and a sweet smorgasbord for PI Day are just a few reasons.
Volunteering opportunities - Sometimes — like helping out at Rosie's Place women's shelter — we take it outside the office for a good cause (and a good time).
Our visionary leaders drive us closer to a future of better healthcare
At PatientsLikeMe, it takes unique skills, experience, and passion to meet the challenges of our mission — which is why we've got some of the best and brightest at the helm. Below, meet a few of the industry experts you'll get to work alongside.
Co-Founder and Chairman
"Our medical system could be better in so many ways and over the last decade my passion has been to find ways to both improve the way treatments are developed for disease and the way patients receive medical care."
Senior VP, Head of Customer Strategy and Value Delivery
"I'm passionate about reducing randomness in care — especially when it comes to how decisions are made and how we take care of ourselves — by listening to patients and using the right technology."
VP of Innovation
"I think what's really exciting is the scale we're operating under... [It's] unparalleled in power in the research world and that is what gets me up every morning."
VP, Product & User Experience
"There are some questions we all have as patients that our doctors can't answer: What's it really like to live with this condition? How can I have good relationships, stay productive, or manage the costs of all this? I'm excited about helping patients answer those questions for each other."
We offer the best benefits in the heart of Cambridge's biotech center
Happy employees, prime location. Discover the sweet spot of working environments (you'll love the third-floor patio, too.)
Competitive salary, stock options, medical & dental, retirement, 20 days paid time off, 10 paid holidays, a great work-life balance, and more!