With over 50 million users, ASICS Digital processes tens of thousands of requests per minute to its backend APIs. These APIs power everything, from login and purchasing to GPS tracking and fitness goal management. We are looking for a motivated software engineer to develop and optimize new and existing APIs that power future features in personalized training, social interaction, commerce, and communications.
A great candidate for this role enjoys technical problem solving with a great deal of autonomy and leeway to determine the right course of action, as well as teaching others and engaging with product and business partners to find innovative solutions for user needs. You will get to touch a wide variety of topics from overseeing the design of algorithms for scalable features to assisting with database architecture.
ASICS Digital is a division of ASICS based in Boston, Massachusetts. Our goal is to build digital technologies to better connect the ASICS brand to its consumers. We are responsible for the continued development of mobile-fitness solutions such as ASICS Runkeeper and ASICS Studio, global e-commerce platforms, and other digital services that encourage people to move, get fit and stay balanced.
What You'll Do
- Maintaining critical systems, including login, purchase path, and activity tracking
- Identifying areas of technical debt and weigh user impact and level of effort to address
- Propose and oversee architectural improvements
- Support the Platforms team in reaching application health goals
- Assist in application security design, monitoring, and response
- Document internal APIs and consult with product teams on their usage
- Mentor other engineers through code reviews and pair programming
What You've Done
- 3+ years experience building and maintaining APIs
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, as well as AWS services such as S3 and Cloudfront preferred
- Experience or strong familiarity with functional programming concepts and Lambda architecture
- Comfort with multiple languages/programming paradigms (our primary codebases are Java, Scala, and NodeJS)
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues to business leaders
- Expertise in one or more of the following: automated integration testing, performance testing, system monitoring and incident response, security and privacy
ASICS Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.
More Jobs From