Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never heard of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you.
The Sr QA Engineer plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will have experience with automated testing practices and processes and be motivated to continuous improvement of our current QA environment. The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and conducting tests and automation test procedures prior to product launches to ensure software quality, while being cost-effective.
If you hold an engineering background, love developing QA processes and procedures, and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Essential Job Functions:
Sr QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions and developing and tracking QA metrics (e.g. code coverage, open defect counts). The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working in complex environments with multiple work component dependencies. In addition, he/she will:
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct,
- logical and verifiable.
- Maintain effective communication with developers throughout the software development life cycle.
- Create and maintain methods and test plans for new and existing products.
- Execute test methodologies in order to verify functionality and performance ahead of release to the customers.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 6 + years as a Test Automation Engineer or QA Engineer
- Ability to gain an understanding of complex systems, how they integrate, and their operation in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Strong technical background that ideally includes exposure to Java based development architecture, Linux, SQL, SCM, and Agile methodology.
- SDLC/Process Improvement
- Experience working in a Java/J2EE environment
- QA planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail/thoroughness
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to multi-task
- Experience using testing tools such as JMeter, NUnit or Selenium
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, such as Ruby, Python or Perl
- Experience with continuous automation/test tools such as Jenkins/Hudson
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
More Jobs From