XL is seeking an Applications Engineer (Software/ Electrical) to support engineering and service teams to maximize on road hybrid availability of XL product line.
- Full time position in the Boston office reporting into the Controls Engineering Team.
- Excellent career opportunity to understand system level EV/ HEV controls
- Opportunity to transition into automotive firmware development or systems engineering/integration support over time
- Manage interfaces between various engineering subgroups (hardware/ software/ mechanical)
- Lead root cause analysis of field failures of XL components with an eye towards recognizing trends in field failures.
- Collect, analyze and prioritize customer complaints, manage documentation of issues, and champion root cause analysis
- Conceptualize, set up and carry out experiments in the lab to replicate field failures and implement solutions to be rolled into production
- Implement processes for traceability of design decisions/ specification management, test plan creation
- Travel on-site if needed to address software/ firmware related requests.
- Leverage XL’s data system to observe vehicle health and alert engineering and service on potential problems. Work closely with Service team to ensure they are prepared for the service visit.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Engineering (EE, ME, Aero) or Computer Science
- Basic automotive knowledge (knowledge about how cars work) is a must.
- 1+ years of professional experience (minimum) in validating embedded software and electrical systems
- Comfortable in understanding existing C code and wiring diagrams
- Excellent system level troubleshooting skills for mechanical and electrical systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is a must.
- Experience with data analysis tools and techniques.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team to gather, assimilate requirements, diagnose problems and disseminate information to relevant stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Solidworks, harnesses, connectors and high voltage assemblies
- Experience working on FSAE, BAJA, Solar car teams
- Hands on experience working on automotive subsystems (powertrain, body, chassis)
The candidate will report to Firmware Engineering Manager and would have a dotted line to VP of Engineering