We are looking for an exceptional data-driven individual to join our Yield Management group. This position will report to the Director of Yield Management in the Hotels organization, and will be responsible for optimizing existing monetization strategies and identifying new revenue growth opportunities. Located in our Needham HQ office, this role will be focused on driving the analysis of user behavior on our site and coming up with new models and algorithms to grow our revenue. This is a great opportunity to make the worlds largest travel site even better, while enjoying the energy and rapid pace of a startup. This role requires very strong emphasis on data analysis and advanced analytics.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site*, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 600 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide covering approximately 7.5 million accommodations, airlines, attractions, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 455 million average monthly unique visitors**, all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
What you will do:
- Perform data analysis to support key decision making to evaluate opportunities for revenue optimization.
- Oversee full lifecycle of analytical model development to optimize traffic monetization
- Develop predictive models for user engagement and buying behaviour.
- Identify opportunities for revenue growth via user segmentation and personalized recommendations.
- Mentor junior team members
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to create product requirements and specification documents for new features and products
What you will bring to the team:
- A results-oriented person who thrives on data and measurements.
- Ability to derive practical solutions to business problems from not-always-perfect data of formidable size.
- Proven track record of translating business needs into data-driven solutions.
- Demonstrated ability of communicating complex analytical issues to technical and business audiences
- Proficiency in data transformation, cleansing and interpretation.
- Expert SQL skills and experience with Big Data stack (Hadoop/Hive/Pig/Spark/etc.).
- Masters/Ph.D. in quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience is required
- Proficiency with statistical programming environment (e.g. R, Python).
- Ability to work well with colleagues across multiple global offices.
- Significant experience with eCommerce, recommender systems, user choice models, classification, online auctions, A/B testing, digital advertising, or marketing analytics is strongly preferred
More Jobs From