Office Tour Photos
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
As a Senior Engineer on the Images Team, you would work on software to import, troubleshoot and monitor OS images and 1-Click Applications on the DigitalOcean cloud. The ideal candidate is familiar with different Linux flavors and the many applications we deploy on top of them. This is a central position and you would communicate with many teams at DigitalOcean.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Maintain and develop backend software that provides an API for creating and managing virtual disk images used on the DigitalOcean cloud.
- Working with upstream vendors and open source projects to ensure images run on DigitalOcean.
- Building and maintaining DigitalOcean internal and public images following best practices.
- Ensuring cloud-init compatibility on all images available on DigitalOcean.
- Keeping images up to date with latest updates, particularly security updates.
- Building and maintaining a build and test system for DigitalOcean images.
What Well Expect From You:
- A deep understanding and troubleshooting skills for Linux and BSD in a Cloud environment using cloud-init
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages/technologies: Golang, SQL, Python, Perl, Bash.
- Understanding and knowledge of virtualization and Virtual Machine image management (Such as Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, QEMU, VirtualBox, VMware)
- Expertise in Continuous Integration systems and automated testing. Preference for Jenkins and Concourse.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here and we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!
More Jobs From