TripAdvisor's Traveler Experience team (a.k.a. "CoreX") is responsible for the overall experience of visitors to our site. The team is responsible for common/shared UX elements, site information architecture, the home page and other key surfaces, as well as our travel planning tools. We are now in the process of re-platforming all of our front end code, moving from legacy home grown technologies to industry standards (react / redux / graphql / web components).
We are looking for someone who can bring their expertise to help the team define best practices. This role will help to build out the core surfaces of the site (Social / Home / Profile / Feeds, etc). We are looking for someone that can both drive progress on projects as well as help set patterns for other engineers to follow making the entire team more efficient.
What you will do
- Write code.
- Work with your team, and other groups such as product management, design, and others, to help bring our projects to fruition.
- Drive user facing features for our team, and also means being able to touch and have a hand in whatever level of code is required in order to complete your project.
- Be creative and pragmatic when solving the problems you're working on.
- Be a mentor for others on the team.
- Move quickly. We have a daily release so you'll get to build it and ship it!
What you will bring to the team
- 6 or more years of experience as a professional software engineer.
- An open mind
- Willingness to learn
- A desire to move quickly (one of our mottos is "Speed Wins!")
- The mindset that done is often the better option over perfection.
TripAdvisor (NASDAQ: TRIP) is the world's largest travel platform.* With an average of 490 million monthly unique visitors,** we help the world's travelers get the most out of every trip. Travelers around the world use the TripAdvisor site and app to browse more than 760 million reviews and opinions of 8.3 million accommodations, restaurants, experiences, airlines and cruises. Whether planning or on a trip, travelers turn to TripAdvisor to compare low prices on hotels, flights and cruises, book popular tours and attractions, as well as reserve tables at great restaurants. TripAdvisor, the ultimate travel companion, is available in 49 markets and 28 languages.
In addition, TripAdvisor, Inc. also owns and operate a portfolio of websites and businesses, including the following travel media brands: www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bokun.io, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com (including www.lafourchette.com, www.eltenedor.com, and www.restorando.com), www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com, www.oyster.com, www.seatguru.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com and www.viator.com.
* Source: Jumpshot for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide,February 2019
** Source: TripAdvisor internal log files, average monthly unique visitors during season peak in Q3 2018
More Jobs From